Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Mud Flap Fitting Instructions
mark_n

RE: Mud Flap Fitting Instructions

I am sure some will say you can fit the mudflaps without removing the wheels. Maybe but I would say removing them makes the job easier. Besides, removing the wheels is hardly a problem but obviously ensure your safety by not working underneath the car at any point.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
03-06-2012 06:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jai

I recently purchased some Dynamic mudflaps from here - http://britishparts.co.uk/products/10542...-VPLVP0070

Upon receiving these and the fronts I noticed the following:

1. Plastic moulding isnt too flash, a bit rough around all the edges
2. No Land Rover markings or Part Numbers. Only a Plastic Recycle Logo and a Data of Manufacturer stamp area that hasnt been stamped!
3. No Land Rover instructions included. Rears came with just 1 piece of photocopied paper from the originals.
4. No Torx head screws, just normal Phillips head
5. Mudflaps not pristine condition, one has glue all over it.
6. Powder from Latex Gloves over the mudflaps from a preapplied bolt in the top side of the fronts.
7. No adhesive or wipes (perhaps this is Pure/Prestige only?)

Question - is it possible this company is selling knock offs? Have I purchased knock offs unknowingly?

Can anyone else confirm that there would atleast be Land Rover markings on the plastics or atleast a part number? I know every GM part Ive ever brought has always atleast had the GM logo on them and the part number!
21-08-2012 02:09pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Britpart are OEM suppliers to LR, but are possibly not allowed to sell them on the open market with LR logo on them, they may even be slight seconds/imperfects. I don't expect to have the LR logo on 3rd party accessories - that would be product piracy or telling untruths about the origin. I bet you also didn't pay the same price as you would have done at the dealership for genuine LR parts? Land Rover OEM suppliers are also allowed to sell accessories and parts provided they don't try to pass them off as LR originals. BritPart also makes parts for numerous British cars that have long been out of production, not just for the latest models.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2012 06:04pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-08-2012 06:02pm
huntere

(13-02-2012 04:20pm)Tom C Wrote:  Yesterday I installed the front mudflaps on my Evoque Pure. A bit of a frustrating experience since it has a couple of extra steps from the Dynamic mud flaps. Would it kill them to actually write a narrative with the instructions? It came with two packets one with some adhesive wipes and another with an alcohol wipe (I didn't realize that at the time). The packets look exactly the same...so when I opened the first one it was the alcohol wipe. The front mudflaps have an adhesive strip already attached. So when I saw the alcohol wipe, it made sense to wipe down the area on the mudflap that was going to touch the other trim piece. I thought they gave two alcohol wipes...just as they gave two of every piece to do the pair of mudflaps. So when I went to do the second mudflap I realized that the second packet was actually an adhesive wipe. So now the second one fits flush because of the adhesive. It was really cold outside yesterday (28 deg F). After reading the packet closely, you shouldn't use the adhesive below 17 deg C. I may throw some crazy glue on the one that doesn't have adhesive when the weather warms up a bit.

I also have the rear mudflaps, but there is no room to work with and will have to remove the wheel. I think I may bite the bullet on the rears and have the dealership do it for the $125 they quoted.

Tom

I had a similar experience. Having read your post I knew about the wipes. The first oen went fine but the second doesn't/didn't sit flush. This wasn't because of adhesive per se but more when I fist made contact I was slightly off but the sticky strip grabbed. In pulling it off to reset it lost is stickiness and didnt sit right.
I am using Sikaflex 227 squirted in behind where the tape is, then Ive clipped bulldog clip over the "flap" of the mudflap and tied this to the rear dorr handle to pull the flap about out and back fluxh against the trim When set should be perfect.

My tip is be really careful lining p the tape - you only get one go!
09-09-2012 05:50am
Neo

Mud Flap Fitting Instructions

I just finished installing the front and rear mud flaps on my dynamic. The experience is as follows:

1. Front mud flaps took me 1hr to put on. It was an easy exercise, no complications. It's easy if u have the right tools such as the pliers to crimp for the final step.

2. Rear mud flaps were tricker as not much room to take out the screw on the inside of the wheel. Had to fiddle around to get it out and placed back on again.

All in all it took about 2 hrs and it looks great!

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
09-09-2012 09:31am
DaveR

Put my front and rears on yesterday, Not tricky but I did take the wheels off (reason was two fold one to get better access secondly to clean of the gunk that had been sprayed on at the dealers on pickup to make the wheels / tyres look shiny, 200 miles later it had combinied with brake dust and crap become a black greasy film that wasn't easy to wash off.

Can only echo whats been said on here, easy enough job, just take your time and be as accurate as you can when drilling the holes etc.
10-09-2012 07:36pm
Griff449

How did you get the wheels off?

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
10-09-2012 07:52pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DaveR

Hi Griff, My trolley jack went high enough to jack up the car at the normal jack points.
11-09-2012 07:01am
Griff449

Finally realised my trust 2 ton normal car jack isn't good enough and ordered a 4x4 one. Will be able to get cracking with getting my wheels off then if the weather brightens p Smile

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 07:34am by Griff449.)
11-09-2012 07:34am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply