Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Movies playing on a USB stick
cjfp

RE: Movies playing on a USB stick

Std pure - don't believe so.

Pure with tech - yes

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
21-02-2012 08:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pureevoque

I can't remember anyone confirming this, calling all pures without tech packs....
the main difference is the lack of DVD player but that shouldn't mean you can't play from a stick?

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
21-02-2012 09:08pm
J77

Tried it in the car but nothing, but then I haven't converted it to divx.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
21-02-2012 09:51pm
simonc

As I recall the ability to play films is tied to having sat nav.

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
22-02-2012 12:55am
eric9999

To anyone that actually DID get this working, could you please let us know exactly how you did it? The full step-by-step.

As in, once you have the files correctly formatted on the USB stick, when you plugged it in, did a new source become available? As right now the only options are TV/VIDEO.

The USB stick (FAT32) works fine with music files, so I know there's no problem recognising there, I just can't see how to access the video files.

Your urgent answer would be appreciated.
26-03-2012 01:54pm
Kimv

(22-02-2012 12:55am)simonc Wrote:  As I recall the ability to play films is tied to having sat nav.

+1

This is what my dealer told me. Could be the answer to your question?

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
26-03-2012 01:58pm
eric9999

I believe that may be the case, as the vehicle came from Asia, the Sat Nav is not working. I have learned from calling a dealer that it is possible to update the Sat Nav via a USB disk that can be obtained from http://www.navigation.com but I am not holding my breath on that one as their website shows they have products for models up to 2009 only!

One thing that is important to note to all of you out there who have been trying to accomplish this. Although it is NOT ideal, it does work. Even though the USB recognition is so finicky... you CAN encode your video in almost any format you like and burn it to DVD (as .avi file .mp4, etc..) and play them through the DVD player. I found this handy as with the 6-disk changer, I could store at least 24 movies at any given time. It's not as good as having a 64GB USB stick, but better than only having a selection of 6 DVDs!
26-03-2012 03:17pm
WorldTraveler

(26-03-2012 03:17pm)eric9999 Wrote:  I believe that may be the case, as the vehicle came from Asia, the Sat Nav is not working. I have learned from calling a dealer that it is possible to update the Sat Nav via a USB disk that can be obtained from http://www.navigation.com but I am not holding my breath on that one as their website shows they have products for models up to 2009 only!

One thing that is important to note to all of you out there who have been trying to accomplish this. Although it is NOT ideal, it does work. Even though the USB recognition is so finicky... you CAN encode your video in almost any format you like and burn it to DVD (as .avi file .mp4, etc..) and play them through the DVD player. I found this handy as with the 6-disk changer, I could store at least 24 movies at any given time. It's not as good as having a 64GB USB stick, but better than only having a selection of 6 DVDs!

You may want to visit here and get them to call you direct, or drop nick@LR a PM

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSH...&__utmz=-&

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
28-03-2012 05:11pm
snksnk

i have the dynamic one with no sat or tv. as i understand i have to have the sat to play movies.. is there an oem or aftermarket module that can be incorporated to the oem sceen/system to be able to play movies? i have already tried the "home theater" setting on divx converter but it does ''not recognize any video files". although on the dash screen on the right there is a button that says "audio/ video". what can i do? Note: i have the surrounding camera system (if that counts in any way) thanks..
(This post was last modified: 15-04-2012 08:40am by snksnk.)
15-04-2012 08:38am
Nedal0

What you need to play video files from a USB stick in the Range Rover Evoque is the "DivX HD 720p" Output Profile on the Free DivX Converter software.

When converting the video file on the DivX Converter software, use the "DivX HD 720p" - (DivX, DivX MP3/ AC3) Output Profile .

Not sure about any other formats but this has always worked best for me and still works now. Basically the Evoque will play video files in the DivX format with MP3/ AC3 Audio ecoding.
(This post was last modified: 14-05-2016 06:37pm by Nedal0.)
14-05-2016 06:30pm