Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Audio cuts out (NOT the TV/crackling problem...)
FL22EV

I have the standard infotainment unit in my MY16 SE Evoque. Had it 4 weeks. From the start, whenever I played music via USB, every few minutes the audio would pause, go silent, then resume after a couple of seconds at the point it paused.

Further testing shows the same symptoms via Bluetooth & AUX

Also same when different devices / USB sticks / USB SSD drives etc are used. Always the same. Perhaps once or twice per track, a 1-2 sec pause then continue from where it paused.

Not disastrous but it DOES ruin enjoyment of music.

Any thoughts? Anyone else have this problem? Advice? Back to dealer? Thanks!

(Also noted that on DAB Radio sometimes I get a weird effect where a couple of seconds of transmission is immediately repeated.. eg "The Prime Minister today..The Prime Minister today said that...etc")
30-03-2016 01:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dottyflo

RE: Audio cuts out (NOT the TV/crackling problem...)

This may sound silly FL22EV but are you finding this only happens when you hit a switch in the dash - maybe indicators?? USB sticks are memory drives and have a tendency to be interrupted

As for the DAB having a weird effect where a couple of seconds of transmission is immediately repeated I get that in my Work Van, im sure its just DAB whilst driving Mad

But then again I could be utterly wrong about the USB issue Rolling Eyes

5 Door Dynamic Plus Pack Fuji White SD4 Auto - Black 20" - Pimento / Leather and a few other extras [Image: 7c0c5974-295b-4c3c-b69e-836452069a3b_zpsx6zsl9ce.png]
30-03-2016 04:24pm
FL22EV

(30-03-2016 04:24pm)Dottyflo Wrote:  This may sound silly FL22EV but are you finding this only happens when you hit a switch in the dash - maybe indicators?? USB sticks are memory drives and have a tendency to be interrupted

As for the DAB having a weird effect where a couple of seconds of transmission is immediately repeated I get that in my Work Van, im sure its just DAB whilst driving Mad

But then again I could be utterly wrong about the USB issue Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the reply... yep I'm putting the DAB issue to one side. The audio stalls are the big problem. Nope - it happens when I'm sat on the drive with nothing else going on, on USB, Bluetooth or AUX.
30-03-2016 04:51pm
Dottyflo

just found this on the interweb FL22EV , but then realised you mentioned it also happens when you use Bluetooth and AUX
Here's what I found anyway if it's any help on the USB side of things

there is a direct correlation between the size of the storage device and the re-start time. So 4GB is instantly on, 8GB almost instant and 16GB is a second or two - 32GB can take a minute sometimes a lot more, 60GB even longer and can cut out intermittently during play.

5 Door Dynamic Plus Pack Fuji White SD4 Auto - Black 20" - Pimento / Leather and a few other extras [Image: 7c0c5974-295b-4c3c-b69e-836452069a3b_zpsx6zsl9ce.png]
30-03-2016 07:12pm
FL22EV

(30-03-2016 07:12pm)Dottyflo Wrote:  just found this on the interweb FL22EV , but then realised you mentioned it also happens when you use Bluetooth and AUX
Here's what I found anyway if it's any help on the USB side of things

there is a direct correlation between the size of the storage device and the re-start time. So 4GB is instantly on, 8GB almost instant and 16GB is a second or two - 32GB can take a minute sometimes a lot more, 60GB even longer and can cut out intermittently during play.

Thanks... I have tried with other, smaller USB sticks - just the same... Sad
30-03-2016 09:19pm
Stadt Panzer

Time for a trip to the dealer, I would say.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
31-03-2016 07:27am
FL22EV

(31-03-2016 07:27am)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Time for a trip to the dealer, I would say.

For info... I went back to the dealer where the technician was able to reproduce this effect using a known working iPhone. I booked the car in, they re-installed / downloaded & updated the firmware and the problem is eliminated.
16-05-2016 01:48pm