Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Movie hack
bell-auto-services

RE: Movie hack

Cjfp. Does the tech pack give the DVD play capability to the car so you are only without tv ?

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
30-01-2012 08:41pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

Dont know if it is specifically due to the Tech pack - all i know is that i dont have TV but I can play dvds. I believe all the meridian units (UK) can play dvds

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
30-01-2012 08:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

Ahh cool thanks. I'll call in my dealers tomorrow and test a DVD on another pure to see if it's all models. It is may be as you say on all Uk cars.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
30-01-2012 08:54pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

Pete, my pure with tech pack plays DVD's, I have just tried it now.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
30-01-2012 09:15pm
fam1x

My pure also plays DVD only in stationary, however the sound from the DVD is still playing which means DVD is still running and every time you stop you can see the picture. I also have the tech pack. Hence wanted to know if the movie hack would work for me.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
(This post was last modified: 30-01-2012 09:38pm by fam1x.)
30-01-2012 09:37pm
Dag

Pete,

Good work!
Another question: I didn't order a rear view camera... But lots of cameras available on ebay / internet. Do you think this interface will also accept a aftermarket camera?

If so, put me on the list! I'll take one, at least if you ship to Belgium...

Regards!
Dag
30-01-2012 09:40pm
bell-auto-services

Hi

Im currenttly awaiting stock to arrive of which I should be able to offer 2 products, the first is the one I fitted and enables TV/DVD on the move, the second is the same with with an added cable to give you the capability to add your own reversing camers to a non reversing camera car Smile

Since my car does already have the camera I cant test this on mine so ill be getting a car locally to test a mockup camera on. I have a feeling we will beable to use the genuine Evoque rear cameraand just run the wires from the rear to the front of which will be left for the customer as part of the install.

As soon as I have my shipping details ill be adding a "signup" post for who ever is interested. They will be priced around 100+Royal Mail shipping+vat which will come out at about 125gbp for UK orders and slightly more depending on location and service used for non UK.
A small charge extra will be made for the new camera cable needed for some cars if they wish and sold seperatly BUT I have a feeling this will work but I wont know untill I try on a non camera car http://www.disco3.co.uk/shop/index.php?a...oductId=34 of which I already have small stock of Smile

Pete

PS standard camera info below.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 30-01-2012 10:52pm by bell-auto-services.)
30-01-2012 10:37pm
fam1x

Pete I'll be interested in the tv on the move if you can get so,e clear instructions / video on how to install it yourself as I'm a little far from you Sad

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
30-01-2012 10:46pm
bell-auto-services

Hi Fam

Ill give some web instructions no problem Thumbs Up, a video is really not needed its just to simple. Its really no more complex than you did for adding the LED bulbs and it should not be worried about its that easy.

Pete

(This post was last modified: 30-01-2012 10:50pm by bell-auto-services.)
30-01-2012 10:48pm
cjfp

(30-01-2012 10:48pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  Hi Fam

Ill give some web instructions no problem Thumbs Up, a video is really not needed its just to simple. Its really no more complex than you did for adding the LED bulbs and it should not be worried about its that easy.

Pete

Just don't send them to gw76 until he's mastered how to remove the dome without breaking it! Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
30-01-2012 11:01pm