Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Motorways
KaDargo

Motorways

Why doesnt my satnav like motorways?
Why Can't I pick 'quickest route' - why only green?

I recently tried to set it up for the wife (no sense of direction) to get from home to Tooting - easiestand quickest would have been A23, M23, M25, A217, A297, A24
The only way I could convince the sat nav to use that route was by adding waypoints at each motorway junction.Shocked
What a pain!!

God I miss my TomTom Sad

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
14-06-2012 10:06am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Motorways

How to explain this easily.

When you enter your destination, you will be likely to be presented with 3 route options, 3 green leaves, 2 green leaves and then red leaves etc.

Then in the route option it will show 3 routes, with the one you have currently chosen flashing.

The idea is for it to take you on the greenest/most economical route, I know there is a menu option to either select or deselect motorways, but without being in the car I cannot explain it.

But in essence if you want to use motorways you can, you just have to prioritize it in the settings.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
14-06-2012 01:20pm
KaDargo

(14-06-2012 01:20pm)Evo-king Wrote:  How to explain this easily.

When you enter your destination, you will be likely to be presented with 3 route options, 3 green leaves, 2 green leaves and then red leaves etc.

Then in the route option it will show 3 routes, with the one you have currently chosen flashing.

The idea is for it to take you on the greenest/most economical route, I know there is a menu option to either select or deselect motorways, but without being in the car I cannot explain it.

But in essence if you want to use motorways you can, you just have to prioritize it in the settings.

That's the point - I cant find that - all it has is 'display motorway information' I beleive (I too am not in the car!)

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
14-06-2012 01:36pm
Evo-king

I'll have a look for you later.
OK I'm in the car.

Once destination selected, in this case by postcode, the screen shows Destination & Route Prefs, selecting route prefs brings up the next set of options, Major Roads, Toll Road, Ferry, Restricted roads etc. By selecting major roads, it has brought me up 3 routes with the M'way route being the priority route, but you can still opt for any of the other routes.

Hope this helps.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 14-06-2012 01:48pm by Evo-king.)
14-06-2012 01:39pm
KaDargo

(14-06-2012 01:39pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I'll have a look for you later.
OK I'm in the car.

Once destination selected, in this case by postcode, the screen shows Destination & Route Prefs, selecting route prefs brings up the next set of options, Major Roads, Toll Road, Ferry, Restricted roads etc. By selecting major roads, it has brought me up 3 routes with the M'way route being the priority route, but you can still opt for any of the other routes.

Hope this helps.

I take it if selected it turns blue, cos I already did that !

14-06-2012 03:50pm
Evo-king

I've been away, but yes when you touch the screen it goes blue, which as I understand means you have prioritised M'ways.

Check your route options after.

I know it works on mine.

14-06-2012 10:20pm