Poll: Engine \ Transmission choice
eD4
TD4
SD4 Manual
SD4 Auto
Si4
TD4 Auto
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Most popular engine
GibEvoque

RE: Most popular engine

(15-09-2011 02:34pm)Evoque U Wrote:  We have gone with the Si4, haven't seen or driven an Evoque yet but have been following everyone's reviews. Heard the sound of a SD4 in a freelander 2 and didn't like the truck noise.

Was going with the Si4 right upto 10 mins ago (this dilema has been going on all week and will go on over the weekend, Monday deposit is paid and that will be that) and I have changed my mind once again and going for TD4 auto. Speed limit in Gibraltar is 50kph, and when i do go into Spain i am fully loaded up with the family so rarely stick my toe down with baby on board, so really it came down down do i really need the power?

Heart says yesTwisted Evil

but head says no, head also thinks electric powered tailgate and electric seats make up for it Wink
(05-08-2011 06:40pm)evoqueboy Wrote:  Does that mean there's nothing in the pipeline for the near future as a few people that I have spoken to claim that this is something that JLR could be working on.

I have heard from a PSA contact (peugeot engine) that they have been looking at a twin turbo version which will be around 225bhp, this is all rumour though.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
(This post was last modified: 15-09-2011 04:01pm by GibEvoque.)
15-09-2011 03:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flakey99

If I had a choice, dynamic Si4 auto 5 door, but I've had to go for the eD4 pure model in Fuji white, with ebony interior. It's a company car and the company I work for are obsessed with reducing co2 emissions so the 4WD model was out of the question, and the prestige and dynamic models are preserved for management only Sad In the current financial climate, the eD4 model makes perfect sense to company car users due to its reasonable tax banding and amazing fuel economy (which are undoubtedly the two most important considerations to fleet users)
It's going to be replacing an Audi A4 2.0TDi 170 Sline saloon so I hope I'm not disappointed. The Evoque is the best looking car available at the moment without a doubt. Definitely a head turner. I live 5 mins from Halewood and have been seeing them zooming past the bottom of my road with the trade plates on for months now. Just the long wait now till it arrives....
16-09-2011 05:38am
RadioHam

Nice to see an eD4 order - dont think I've seen any on here yet!? An excellent company car choice and LR could have got this spot on in terms of generating fleet sales - something that previously was simply not their market.

On the road nobody will suspect its a 2WD (except us lot on here etc) - just don't take it out in the snow unless you have a thick skin! My neighbour bought a kuga last year which I assumed to be 4WD.... until last december when I stopped behind her and got out to push her up the hill in the snow! I got back into my Tiguan (same powerplant as your A4) and smugly followed her up the hill with hardly a trace of spin or slip. Fit some winter tyres and you'll be fine though!

You won't be disappointed although it obviously won't be as urgent as your A4 - but then again the Evoque is about different things. Bet you'll be the envy of the company car park at work!

Any idea of delivery time on the eD4 yet?

Pure 5 door manual TD4 in Fuji/Ebony - front fogs, tow bar & spare wheel - January Deliv.
16-09-2011 10:42pm
mark_n

As expected, the Si4 is the same engine as used in the new Focus ST hot-hatch. The power is slightly more in the Ford which may be down to inlet breathing or exhaust design. The performance of the Evoque will of course not match the Focus ST because it is much heavier.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
17-09-2011 07:35am
Daigriff

I voted for an SD4 manual, but have subsequently changed to the auto how do I change my vote?..or can't I?

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
17-09-2011 09:18am
flakey99

(16-09-2011 10:42pm)RadioHam Wrote:  Nice to see an eD4 order - dont think I've seen any on here yet!? An excellent company car choice and LR could have got this spot on in terms of generating fleet sales - something that previously was simply not their market.

On the road nobody will suspect its a 2WD (except us lot on here etc) - just don't take it out in the snow unless you have a thick skin! My neighbour bought a kuga last year which I assumed to be 4WD.... until last december when I stopped behind her and got out to push her up the hill in the snow! I got back into my Tiguan (same powerplant as your A4) and smugly followed her up the hill with hardly a trace of spin or slip. Fit some winter tyres and you'll be fine though!

You won't be disappointed although it obviously won't be as urgent as your A4 - but then again the Evoque is about different things. Bet you'll be the envy of the company car park at work!

Any idea of delivery time on the eD4 yet?

Landrover has hit the jackpot with the eD4 Evoque model in terms of fleet sales, poaching customers from the likes of Audi and BMW for the first time. I know the Landrover purists are turning their noses up at the fact its a 2WD and the company have sold their souls to the devil to make money etc etc etc, but surely it can only be a good thing that breaking into the company car market will bring in more profit for the company to spend on R+D for the future, not to mention securing thousands of jobs for people in the north west, which being honest, are few and far between at the moment.

I've not had a delivery date through yet, I only put the order in with the leasing company last week. I'll update when I hear something back...
The performance of the A4 in the dry is very good, but I was trying to race a dynamic evoque (Firenze red and 20" wheels - It looked amazing) a few weeks ago which must have been on a factory test. It was 6AM with empty roads. I have no idea what engine was in it or who was driving, but it was being flung around the roads and roundabouts round my house, and then shot off up the slip road and onto the motorway. I couldn't keep up with it. The speed and composure of the Evoque was phenomenal.

The A4 is an absolute joke in the snow. People joke about RWD BMW's, but I was out driving last year when the first snow started to fall, and as soon as it was about 1" deep the car would not move at all. Even on gritted slushy roads the wheels would spin when trying to start from standstill. There was zero traction at all. If the car was moving and had some momentum, then you could just about keep it going but when I had to stop it would refuse to move again. After 3 hours of getting stuck and blocking the roads, I ended up abandoning it for 4 days until I managed to get hold of a set of snow socks, and then I managed to limp it home. What made me laugh was the only other car I saw stuck on the first day of snow was a top of the range BMW X5 with 20 something inch drug dealer rims, with all 4 wheels just helplessly spinning on the slightest of inclines! Laughing Its all about having he right tyres! Using cars with summer tyres in the snow is bordering on suicide. I ended up having to borrow a 2004 freelander 4WD commercial vehicle from work just to get around. It had normal factory fit M+S tyres, and that was absolutely fantastic in the snow, even the deep stuff. Not a hint of wheelspin. I would hope the tyres fited to an eD4 would cope slightly better on normal, gritted roads than the tyres on my A4. I'll probably invest in a set of snow chains just to throw in the back incase I get caught out, but as you say, the eD4 will probably be keeping a low profile when it snows, and i'll borrow the freelander again Embarrassed
17-09-2011 12:50pm
jos

yesterday i ordered the eDD4 2wd white
techpack and pano roof
i want to wrap the car in black mat folie and colour the wheels mat sandpaper antra-black, change the grill and personalize it with some aother details
can't wait

simple as that
delivery planned at jan 2012
4 months waiting.......ahead

ORDER16-09/2011>DEL; 27-01/2012

eD4-PURE fuji /black int./coup
pano-roof/techPACK > done !;painted wheels
3cm lowering/2cm spacers ; ROOFwrap
already > 52.000 km drive ; average;1lit/14km
ré-painted bumperparts and mirrors

4 y.TT mk1
2 y.MINIc-S
4 y.TT mk2
1 yr mini CM;
so i fit exactly in de evoque-profile...
2015 > TTmk3......?
17-09-2011 10:07pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flakey99

Just spoken to the dealer today to confirm my order I put in last week, eD4 5 door Pure in Fuji/Ebony, they said delivery Late March.
20-09-2011 06:33pm
GinaS

I ordered a prestige sd4 auto and took one out for a test last Sunday.... I was happy but then decided to test the dynamic si4....in my humble opinion the si4 was a much better drive so changed my order to a Dynamic....pleased I drove both cars now!
20-09-2011 07:59pm
alibeau

(20-09-2011 07:59pm)GinaS Wrote:  I ordered a prestige sd4 auto and took one out for a test last Sunday.... I was happy but then decided to test the dynamic si4....in my humble opinion the si4 was a much better drive so changed my order to a Dynamic....pleased I drove both cars now!

I did exactly the same, test drove the SD4, thought I was happy but then drove the Si4 and was blown away!! So ordered a Dynamic Si4 Very Happy

Ali Smile

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
24-09-2011 07:23pm