Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Mood Lighting
vcruiser

RE: Mood Lighting

it's a cool little feature. nothing special though. Wish there was mood lightning.. or any lighting around the volume knob!

Evoque Dynamic Coupe | Black on Black | Fully Loaded
29-11-2011 11:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

I think they missed a little trick not having the mood lighting changing to red with the dials when selecting dynamic mode, otherwise ill leave it set on blue as it matches the lit kick plates, and forget all about it!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
30-11-2011 12:17am
Token

The Mood lighting is rubbish...it should be able to detect my mood and adjust accordingly! Poor form Land Rover.

Also...why when I want to drive fast, indicating I'm in a bad mood, does it go red which just worsens my mood...it should go a calming blue to slow me down...and the stereo should play some soft classical music...

See...rubbish!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
30-11-2011 01:30am
Evoqess

Right!! The red ambient lighting actually makes me drive at least 10 km/hr faster, the white makes me turn the temperature up 2 degrees .....

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
30-11-2011 07:18am
mark_n

Aside from a couple of LEDs in the overhead to bathe the cockpit in a dim glow at night, I've never been very convinced by mood lighting in other cars and I doubt this will be any different. The parts budget will hardly be diddly-squat so the effect will be limited. I'd much rather have good lighting for the boot - how many times have you hunted around for something in the dark helped only by a 5W festoon?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2011 07:22am by mark_n.)
30-11-2011 07:21am
Token

(30-11-2011 07:18am)Evoqess Wrote:  Right!! The red ambient lighting actually makes me drive at least 10 km/hr faster, the white makes me turn the temperature up 2 degrees .....

Laughing

(30-11-2011 07:21am)mark_n Wrote:  Aside from a couple of LEDs in the overhead to bathe the cockpit in a dim glow at night, I've never been very convinced by mood lighting in other cars and I doubt this will be any different. The parts budget will hardly be diddly-squat so the effect will be limited. I'd much rather have good lighting for the boot - how many times have you hunted around for something in the dark helped only by a 5W festoon?

Hmmm...sadly I don't think you'll be impressed by the boot lighting Mark...at best, it is ok.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2011 08:44am by Token.)
30-11-2011 08:43am
mark_n

Yes, the boot lights in my 4 existing cars are all useless, especially the Ferrari where there isn't one at all, or if there is, I've never noticed it.

It's these areas where the real penny pinching occurs. Take out the light fitting and you'll see what I mean. Even then, they put the lights in places where bags already in the boot block the light where what is required is a light above the space.

There is a power point back there though isn't there? That will allow something to be done. I've recently been looking at Philips LED replacements for halogen spotlight downlights which run well off the type of power available (meaning variable voltage) in a car because they have a built in power converter. They give 5 times as much light as a halogen (never mind a feeble festoon) and a good flood angle, so that might be of interest to me.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
30-11-2011 09:02am
QueJumper

Mood Lighting

I thought the mood lighting on my Dynamic did change red with the dials. Will check tonight!

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
30-11-2011 08:23pm
berlin2011

Mine changes to red when I switch to Dynamic mode.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
30-11-2011 08:48pm
invoke

(29-11-2011 09:48pm)Evoqess Wrote:  I like the analogue clock screensaver or the Evoque graphic. Nice touchs LR!

Hummm!! Interesting. Now how can I do that?

For mood lights: only lights that change color in my 5dr dynamic are the middle console tunnel and the tiny one in door handles. Not the door latch wells, the dash or the waterfall ones. Is that the way it is or am I missing something?

Thx

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
15-01-2012 06:03am