Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mirror Cover removal
bangsters

RE: Mirror Cover removal

Looks great. Splendid job there!!

2014 Ipanema Sand Pure Plus. Mods to follow....
Images hosted on PixelsBin
03-10-2014 02:17am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nedal0

For those of you who still find it slightly difficult or challenging to do using the post above, actually LR's instructions are very easy so so and spot on, it makes the process in the post above look quite difficult and a bit risky.

I have done this for a friend using a Jaguar XF Mirror Glass Removal you tube video and LR's instructions.
I will post both links below.

Jaguar XF Mirror Glass Removal

URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBg3BPrkyKs

LR Insructions

URLhttps://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/service/document/224498#pagemode=none&toolbar=1&statusbar=0&messages=0&navpanes=0&view=FitH?clicked=undefined

Hope this helps others who feel they still need a bit more help.
12-08-2017 06:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

Sorry my photos can no longer be viewed on how to remove the mirror caps on this or any other thread.
Photobucket now charge $399 for what used to be a free service Evil it's not just me,anyone with an account is now held to ransom for 3rd party viewing.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
13-08-2017 04:56pm
Stilolos

A while ago my mirror was vandalised, some tw@t must of went by and kicked my mirror, the cap was on the floor and the actual mirror was hanging by the wires. My brothers car was in front and someone did the same to his as well.
I managed to put it back together and luckily the connections were not damaged, just a few scrapes on the cover. However now at motorway speeds, it sounds as if there is a kettle boiling! A constant whistle that bugs the hell out of me. I've contemplated putting some sealant around the cover but I'm not sure that's a great idea? Would a new mirror cover help?
14-08-2017 11:00pm