Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
Meridian standard hi-fi system
PhilSkill

RE: Meridian standard hi-fi system

(23-09-2011 01:28pm)Tekno Wrote:  w if I can plug in my USB drive full of MP4 movies and watch them on the screen or does it have to come off DVD? (cos I don't own any!)

I think I saw in Tim's posts its video only from the CD/DVD player only, but could be wrong, if so it may be due to copyright reasons, licencing of MP4 codex etc etc.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
23-09-2011 03:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tomvoque

Really good news. Thanks a lot.
23-09-2011 04:30pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The other thing is with the 825w system, if you crank up the volume to 65, which is ear damagingly loud, the only distortion is your brain falling to pieces, there is no distortion of the out put! Full volume is distinctly anti-social even for people several cars away! I've also been impressed that I can get DAB reception crystal clear on my drive whereas in the FFRR there was nothing, so Meridian must also have done something with the antenna, I can now listen to crystal clear DAB R4 and Classic FM on DAB for the entire drive from London to home with a blank spot around Teebay services / Appleby turn-off on the M6

Tekno, according to the manual you can play MP4 through the USB, streamed or from a wired device. The only format it doesn't like to play is the iTunes Video format. I haven't tried to play movies yet in my car. The TV is good though

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-09-2011 05:51pm
PhilSkill

(23-09-2011 05:51pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The other thing is with the 825w system, if you crank up the volume to 65, which is ear damagingly loud, the only distortion is your brain falling to pieces, there is no distortion of the out put! Full volume is distinctly anti-social even for people several cars away! I've also been impressed that I can get DAB reception crystal clear on my drive whereas in the FFRR there was nothing, so Meridian must also have done something with the antenna, I can now listen to crystal clear DAB R4 and Classic FM on DAB for the entire drive from London to home with a blank spot around Teebay services / Appleby turn-off on the M6

Tekno, according to the manual you can play MP4 through the USB, streamed or from a wired device. The only format it doesn't like to play is the iTunes Video format. I haven't tried to play movies yet in my car. The TV is good though

That sounds fantastic Tim, I've always wanted DAB,but always been concerned about reception, so really good news if it's working well.

And the added bonus of MP4 playback and TV as well, this really is superb, car manufacturers have been so far behind in this sort of technology! My coming Evoque is sounding better and better!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
23-09-2011 07:00pm
MAC

(23-09-2011 01:28pm)Tekno Wrote:  Good to hear. I personally felt spending money upgrading something the car already had would have been a waste - I was confident the standard system would be perfectly good.

Anyone know if I can plug in my USB drive full of MP4 movies and watch them on the screen or does it have to come off DVD? (cos I don't own any!)

Hi guys, great to hear standard sound system is that good. I notice xfullfattim car plays DVD's, but think his car has dual view and TV etc. Would also be interested to know if standard system fitted to dynamic can play DVD's and also MP4 files from iPod??? I've got 5 door SD4 Dynamic in Frenze Red with panoramic roof, electric tail gate and privacy coming late October - can't wait!!
23-09-2011 08:28pm
lemm

(23-09-2011 01:28pm)Tekno Wrote:  Anyone know if I can plug in my USB drive full of MP4 movies and watch them on the screen or does it have to come off DVD? (cos I don't own any!)

Brochure says you can, but you may need to purchase the rear seat entertainment to do so.

ps. be gentle... first post since i sold my RRS S/C VO. Used to be a member of the rrsport.co.uk forum but sold the VO to move into an M3 before I get kids. I'm now getting married in November, thus next car choice needs to include a bit more space plus easy access into the back. and no.. the M5 is not an option. Sad
23-09-2011 10:33pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Welcome in lemm, plenty of ex RRS owners are becoming Evoque owners.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-09-2011 10:44pm
rchrdleigh

(23-09-2011 01:28pm)Tekno Wrote:  Good to hear. I personally felt spending money upgrading something the car already had would have been a waste - I was confident the standard system would be perfectly good.

Anyone know if I can plug in my USB drive full of MP4 movies and watch them on the screen or does it have to come off DVD? (cos I don't own any!)

There is a USB connector in the centre cubby box (also an IPod connector) which should allow you to play MP4 movies - certainly worked on the last one I tried it on.
26-09-2011 12:29pm