Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Meridian MP3 track info display?
Alex

Hello picking up my car tomorrow night (can't wait!), but going on a long drive to the family for the Christmas break. I wanted to prepare and load my USB stick with some music but wanted to know what format the MP3 track metadata is displayed as? Had a read with the manual but couldn't find anything regrading metadata info.

Does it display the embedded meta data (eg Track name, Artist, Album, track number, Genre etc) and can you browse or search the library using the embedded track metadata?

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
21-12-2011 08:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RR1742

RE: Meridian MP3 track info display?

Not sure using USB but the metadata is show when i have my iPod connected.
21-12-2011 09:48pm
PhilSkill

It looks like you browse the folder structure (but could be by Artist) and the Track name is displayed when playing on the LCD and command screen on dash. Haven't worked out the track ordering though, some albums play in the album order, some seem random.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-12-2011 09:54pm
cjfp

Will it read fils from a 'compressed' usb ?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
21-12-2011 10:07pm
LP

I have all my music on a USB. I just copied the iTunes library from my computer to the USB disc. Everything is sorted by artist then album then track. If you have bought music from the internet you should make sure it is DRM free.

Not sure about a compressed formats sorry.
21-12-2011 10:17pm
Alex

I actually found a page in the manual that states when a USB is connected you browse by the file structure (as probably seen within list order in windows). However when playing a track does it only display the physical MP3 file name or the actual metadata as contained within the MP3 (for instance you could call it track one when naming the file but when playing it has the contained meta data of the track name, album etc.)?

In my current car (which will be someone else’s problem shortly!) it’s annoying as it plays MP3 tracks from my USB stick in A-Z file name order, and not track order as on the album. The only way to play a track in album track order is to physically name the MP3 files starting with numbers then the track name (e.g. 01, 02 etc.). This process can be quite onerous when you have tons of albums.

(21-12-2011 10:17pm)LP Wrote:  I have all my music on a USB. I just copied the iTunes library from my computer to the USB disc. Everything is sorted by artist then album then track. If you have bought music from the internet you should make sure it is DRM free.

Not sure about a compressed formats sorry.

Ok so I assume it copies the metadata as shown within iTunes? But from reading the manual it states you have to create a file structure if you perhaps want to place some order or layout when browsing your USB stick/drive. Assume this is because if you have tons of albums you may want to class them by genre or some sort of listening preference (unless you can browse by genre)?

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
(This post was last modified: 21-12-2011 10:25pm by Alex.)
21-12-2011 10:19pm
PhilSkill

My folders are artist name / album name, the track filename tends to be 'track no' - 'trackname', All my artist, track name and track number tags are correct, and they display exactly as i'd expect, browsing by artist and then album, and then tracks, and plays album by album moving on to next artist after all albums played. Only thing odd is track ordering on some albums.
(21-12-2011 10:07pm)cjfp Wrote:  Will it read fils from a 'compressed' usb ?

Dont know what that is? is but needs to be formatted fat32.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 21-12-2011 11:30pm by PhilSkill.)
21-12-2011 11:26pm
JiiPee

One thing I am missing when using iPod is the artists name both in the touch display and behind the wheel. Now it only displays song title. With some 7000 songs on shuffle play I find myself constantly pushing the touch display to find out whos playing.

Any way of changing this?

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
21-12-2011 11:38pm
cjfp

(21-12-2011 11:26pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  My folders are artist name / album name, the track filename tends to be 'track no' - 'trackname', All my artist, track name and track number tags are correct, and they display exactly as i'd expect, browsing by artist and then album, and then tracks, and plays album by album moving on to next artist after all albums played. Only thing odd is track ordering on some albums.

Dont know what that is? is but needs to be formatted fat32.

On your PC explorer, right click on the drive that is the usb and u can compress the data on the stick. The PC can still read the stick but wld be good if the Evoque can as u can obv get more data on the stick if the data is compressed. Guess ill have to try when I get car (and will let u know)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
21-12-2011 11:45pm
Alex

Collected my car and after playing around with the stereo I guess the only way to easily browse your selection of mp3's on a USB drive is to create a folder structure that mirrors your browsing preference. However plus point is it reads the track metadata regarding track names and track order, just a shame it cant browse or search the attached media like an iPod/iPhone.

Only times you may have problems is if the metadata has not been populated.

I have not uploaded music to the internal flash drive but once loaded can you browse your music by genre, albums, artists etc?

24-12-2011 04:35pm