Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Meridian Audio
Barneymax11

Meridian Audio

Hi All,
I have just joined this forum having bought a Pure Tech in December 2013. I have the Meridian 380w system and whilst I am generally happy with the sound quality I have a problem with one of the speakers in the passenger door. After about 30 mins in the car the sound from the upper door speaker starts to vibrate and the sound is muffled. It is the same whether radio, CD, or Ipod is playing.
Took the car to the dealer but he couldn't hear the problem ( I suspect he didn't leave it on long enough although I told them it took some time to appear). His suggestion was that the sub bass was too high and turned it down. Made no sense to me and the problem is still there.
From my limited knowledge I think it is either a duff speaker or a faulty channel in the amplifier.
Due to go back in next week and I would be grateful for any info from anyone who has either had this problem or any possible solutions please.
Very Happy[/size][/font]
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 07:01pm by Barneymax11.)
11-03-2014 06:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Meridian Audio

Hi Barney and Welcome,

It's not one i've heard of, but can only imagine you are right in your diagnosis, and need to persevere with the dealer, obvious thing would be to change the speaker first although would expect that to sound poor all the time. If you don't seem to be getting anywhere Land Rover Customer services can be contacted through this forum, or directly.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-03-2014 08:32pm
Barneymax11

RE: Meridian Audio

Many thanks for the advice Philskill,
Yes I agree that the time delay does not seem logical. I also thought that it would either get better or much worse. I think I made it clear to the dealer that I would not be accepting this and I know they have ordered a new speaker for the next visit. So here's hoping for a better outcome.
[/size][/font]
Hi Barney and Welcome,

It's not one i've heard of, but can only imagine you are right in your diagnosis, and need to persevere with the dealer, obvious thing would be to change the speaker first although would expect that to sound poor all the time. If you don't seem to be getting anywhere Land Rover Customer services can be contacted through this forum, or directly.
[/quote]
11-03-2014 09:03pm