Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Massive Judder
AAA86

Massive Judder

I have a 13 evoque coupe, and live in Canada, i have been enjoying my evoque and had no issues at all until 2 days ago.
We had this crazy weather where it reached -30, and its still hovering in that range Sad, It was a very cold evening. I was in the mall that night, went out and started the car! It started normally and i let it warm up before I moved. It drove off smoothly in the city until i reached the highway and merged. After i reached 80km and climbing, there was that weird noise that started coming out from the engine it lasted for like 5 mins. It was a loud, it wasn't judder in a sense but almost like a high pitched whine, but then disappeared. It was very alarmed, but then the car operated smoothly after that. I didnt drive the car since, because we had a blizzard and the car is in the garage. Any ideas will be helpful thanks
04-01-2014 04:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Massive Judder

Evoque seems to be prone to dampness causing drive belts to slip and that can cause a high pitched screech until the belt / pulleys dry off

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2014 05:57pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-01-2014 05:49pm
Stadt Panzer

Massive Judder

Had this (noise) on my Coupe, was quiet alarming at first but it only happened a couple times in the whole time I had the car, just hoping that the 14 model doesn't suffer with the same problem.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
04-01-2014 07:30pm
Daglass

RE: Massive Judder

Still not resolved.
I am enjoying the A6 though

Pure 5 Door, SD4, Orkney Grey, Pano Roof, Style 6 Alloys, Front Sensors, Rear Camera, Fogs, Tailgate
Ordered - October 15 2011
Built - March 30 2012
Delivery - April 18 2012
Sold - December 24 2014
06-01-2014 08:42pm