Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Marshalls Bedford
CrawfsEvoque

Marshalls Bedford

I am the first to admit that i will complain when necessary. However, I do also compliment when possible. Background: I have been a Landrover customer for the last 20 years, mostly with Marshalls in and around Cambridgeshire. I have purchased Freelanders, Discoverys, Defenders and a Range Rover Sport over the years.

My latest purchase is a Range Rover Evoque; collected today. The vehicle is a story for another forum. However, I would like to comment on the buying experience. First point of contact with the dealership, concerning this purchase, was with a gentleman who really pushed the idea that the purchase process should all be done online. No brochure, look online, print your order, send it to me etc etc. I love technology. I hate staff trying to put themselves out of a job.

Second visit to dealership; just on the off chance to get some more details. Met by Martin Altenbach. Martin was very helpful, despite having no more available to him than on previous visits. However, he did manage to show use colours and interior swatches. That said we left the dealership having placed an order for a car that did not need changing before the car was built.

Despite rumours of delays, changes to spec etc; landrovers doing, we were kept informed, but not troubled by the news from Martin. An input of a delayed delivery was changed to the news that the car was to be collected on the original collection date.

Collection was uneventful. Experts make it look easy as always. Martin was professional without being in any way patronising. The inclusion of a visit by the Sales Principle, also Martin, was thoughtful and appreciated. An accessory ordered but not built by Landrover was apologised for. This had been explained and agreed upon by an earlier phone call but the thought was appreciated.

The service staff; Jacquie and Ian (day off) are well known to me, and are the model of efficient and helpful service, honest, approachable and full of knowledge.

This dealership, from the lady who answers the phone; I know your name but it has slipped my mind, you should have been there today, is about as close to perfect now as I could ask for. That said it has got to this standard over the years through hard work by the staff that have worked hard to make it so.

In conclusion, many thanks to Martin. He is one of the best professionals I have dealt with to date. Salesman would not be doing him proud. As an example of the standard of this dealership I wold also like to thank the young man who does the final preparation on the vehicles. He was there when I collected the vehicle making sure the paintwork etc was pristine. Well done young Sir; apologies for not catching your name.

This recommendation is also being forwarded to Marshalls Customer Services Manager.

Pure SD4 Auto, Fuji White, Almond / Espresso, Pure Style Pack, Tech Pack, Auto Dim Mirror, Park Assist, Carpet Mats, Zenons, Spare Wheel, Mudflaps, Rigid Boot Liner and Rubber Mats.
19-12-2011 09:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Marshalls Bedford

We do like positive posts, earlier this year we had a lot of negativity, ownership seems to be changing that.

Good to hear of your dealer experience.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
19-12-2011 09:17pm
KPNuts

Up to last Friday, we were pretty happy with them. But, as I have posted elsewhere (the Delays thread), they really soured the process by offering a lubriciously low trade in value on our Saab (lower than webuyanycar!!) and then suggested we might to trade in one of our Defenders instead! Apart from having to go there on Thursday to collect our Evoque, we will not be going there again.

SD4 Coupe Prestige, Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Dipping RVM
Ordered: 12/09/11 Collected 22/12/11
Supporting Macmillan Cancer Support in Mac 4x4 Challenge
20-12-2011 03:36pm
Straydox

(20-12-2011 03:36pm)KPNuts Wrote:  Up to last Friday, we were pretty happy with them. But, as I have posted elsewhere (the Delays thread), they really soured the process by offering a lubriciously low trade in value on our Saab (lower than webuyanycar!!) and then suggested we might to trade in one of our Defenders instead! Apart from having to go there on Thursday to collect our Evoque, we will not be going there again.

Saab - maybe their offer was related to Saab having gone bust (thanks to GM)? Telegraph article here Saab Files for Bankruptcy - desperately sad as I've owned at least 6 of them since the mid 1990s too.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
20-12-2011 05:54pm
rchrdleigh

I've not dealt with their sales team but I've had excellent service from Jacquie and Ian in Service and still go to them even though they're not my closest dealer.

KPNuts: Saab going bust will not help residuals and I suspect that the part exchange offer they made was based on their knowledge of Saab's demise and the problem they'd have moving on the car. If WBAC are offering more then go for it (but bear in mind when you take the car to them to be valued the offer is likely to go down) and then negotiate a discount on your purchase.

Also ask for an Experience voucher.
20-12-2011 10:04pm
ytshome

Nice to hear a positive dealer experience. We all know that they ar out there, it's just a shame everyone's experiences aren't as positive.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
21-12-2011 12:55am
CrawfsEvoque

(20-12-2011 03:36pm)KPNuts Wrote:  Up to last Friday, we were pretty happy with them. But, as I have posted elsewhere (the Delays thread), they really soured the process by offering a lubriciously low trade in value on our Saab (lower than webuyanycar!!) and then suggested we might to trade in one of our Defenders instead! Apart from having to go there on Thursday to collect our Evoque, we will not be going there again.

Will be interested to hear how you get on when you collect your new Evoque. Good luck.

Pure SD4 Auto, Fuji White, Almond / Espresso, Pure Style Pack, Tech Pack, Auto Dim Mirror, Park Assist, Carpet Mats, Zenons, Spare Wheel, Mudflaps, Rigid Boot Liner and Rubber Mats.
21-12-2011 08:26am
KPNuts

(21-12-2011 08:26am)CrawfsEvoque Wrote:  Will be interested to hear how you get on when you collect your new Evoque. Good luck.

Collection went very well, so do not feel as negative about them now. Hand over went very smoothly, with a good long session showing us how the various bits work. Part of this was done in the showroom as they had put the Evoque in there. Was a bit surprised it was not on the forecourt when we got there - had they forgotten? A minor scratch on the bonnet and a dirty mark on the parcel shelf were quickly fixed.

They did not try at all hard to sell us Gap insurance (a bargain at £459Rolling Eyes!), extended warranty, tyre & wheel insurance or service plan.

We got a few little extras as well - 7 days Land Rover insurance, 12 months + 2 weeks tax (they paid the £6 for the 2 weeks), another voucher for an experience 1/2 day and folding Range Rover umbrella.

If they hadn't tried taking the pCensoreds on the Saab trade in, which it was even with the Saab issues, then overall it would have been a pleasurable experience (apart from that £38k debit card hit!!) with them.

Our main contact right from June 11 was Emma, who kept us reasonably well informed and was not an agressive sales person - She just guided us through the process.

First long drive up to the in-laws tomorrow.

SD4 Coupe Prestige, Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Dipping RVM
Ordered: 12/09/11 Collected 22/12/11
Supporting Macmillan Cancer Support in Mac 4x4 Challenge
23-12-2011 08:34pm