Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mark2 RRE
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Mark2 RRE

My dealer has a demo in, the motoring press are giving the most powerful petrol the thumps up but they still say that cheap finishes are still highly visible despite a general increase in quality of the interior. They all seem to be of the same opinion about the prices though..........

Has anybody had a test drive or ordered one yet? I’m really disappointed that there isn’t even the light hybrid available at launch let alone the PHEV or BEV versions which “might” arrive late 2020..... come on JLR you need to wake up to the fact that there is a market for these versions, - people want them but are buying elsewhere because you don’t offer a small PHEV and the RRS version is just massively toomexpendive at £81000 for an HSE dynamic version......

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-03-2019 11:10am by XFullFatTim.)
16-03-2019 11:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

RE: Mark2 RRE

(16-03-2019 11:07am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  My dealer has a demo in, the motoring press are giving the most powerful petrol the thumps up but they still say that cheap finishes are still highly visible despite a general increase in quality of the interior. They all seem to be of the same opinion about the prices though..........

Has anybody had a test drive or ordered one yet? I’m really disappointed that there isn’t even the light hybrid available at launch let alone the PHEV or BEV versions which “might” arrive late 2020..... come on JLR you need to wake up to the fact that there is a market for these versions, - people want them but are buying elsewhere because you don’t offer a small PHEV and the RRS version is just massively toomexpendive at £81000 for an HSE dynamic version......

Thats interesting about the press finding some cheap finishes still (i wonder if its still below waist level where people don't generally touch), when initial general interior quality reports were higher overall.
I've ordered the latest "Autocar" and "Autoexpress" to read up on their tests...(This is probably where you read it).
I guess i'll have to wait till the cars actually land in Australia, to really test it myself and see. Will be interesting for sure, as i put a lot of attention and emphasis on interior quality, fit & finish.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 17-03-2019 04:35am by benzina.)
17-03-2019 04:34am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Mark2 RRE

Just followed a White one this afternoon - looks better in the flesh than in the photos. If they made the headlights any slimmer they would disappear! No rear DRLs either.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-04-2019 02:47pm