Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Man down!
Token

Man down!

Grrr...someone reversed into my car in a car park today...luckily she was very decent and left a note with her contact details...

Very little damage but smashed rear light and new bumper (and possibly tailgate) required...so car is out of action for the foreseeable future...will keep others informed as to how Land Rover get on with supplying replacement parts!!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
17-12-2011 05:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

RE: Man down!

bugger, sorry to hear that.

At least she had the decency! not many do.

Sounds like a lot of damage for a car park bump though?
17-12-2011 05:35pm
cjfp

FFS, some people. Maybe she was blinded by its beauty in the rear mirror as she reversed and lost concentration. Hope it get sorted asap.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-12-2011 05:43pm
IKM

Token, keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't take too long to get you back on the road.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
17-12-2011 05:46pm
Alex

Sorry to hear that! Hope it turns out ok...

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
17-12-2011 06:16pm
Ezandania

Ouch! Sorry to hear that...hope you get your Evoque back soon. Sad

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
17-12-2011 06:22pm
Evo-king

Well thank the Lord for honest people, was it parked in an area with surveillance cameras?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
17-12-2011 06:47pm
ajmooseman

(17-12-2011 05:35pm)ED209 Wrote:  Sounds like a lot of damage for a car park bump though?

It seems the bumpers are quite fragile, I understand that all the pieces are assembled and clip together, it seems a slight knock snaps the clips easily and then the bumper to splits open across all the joints. LR body shop actually plastic welded my clips and joints back( obviously on the inside) rather then get replacement bumper as paint damage was practically nil.

Hope you get it sorted Token

Disclaimer: FAO of Mark_n and others it may concern
While all efforts will be made to delivery statements in English. I can only apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes made while posting my thoughts and opinions. If any post featuring such mistakes should offend, then tough SH*T!
18-12-2011 10:34am
leveller

Many sympathies on your bump and hope your baby gets better soon! And I applaud the woman for being so honest.

I've already decided that I'll be parking mine away from others in car parks. A great tip is to only park next to people with more expensive cars than yourself.

5dr Evoque Dynamic Si4, OG. I love her, mostly.
18-12-2011 01:57pm
benzina

Sorry to hear that Token, it's just a bit of bad luck sometimes. I hope they get it back to perfect for you asap, and credit to the lady for her honesty.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
18-12-2011 02:07pm