Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Main LCD too bright
dandavis1

Main LCD too bright

I'm finding the large central LCD screen is far too bright at night. The main instrument cluster dims down nicely but I find I need to switch off the LCD. Anyone else getting this?
30-11-2011 12:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
defender_uk

RE: Main LCD too bright

Nope...not seen a problem there....

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
30-11-2011 06:19pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqess

I like a dim cabin so a dimming control of the touchscreen might be a nice future update.
Oh, you can change the icons from light to dark somewhere in the settings (mine is on auto). At work so cannot recall where I found this! Wink
Anyone?

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
30-11-2011 06:27pm
Evo-king

On my Merc it work in conjunction with the auto lights, is there a similar function?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
30-11-2011 07:07pm
dandavis1

Yes, it does the same. In fact it all dims up and down compared to the ambient light. But the main LCD (even with 'night' icons) is much, much brighter.
30-11-2011 07:52pm
pimbrokken

In the FL2 you could set the brightness of the LED-screen of the SatNav. But that disapeared in the evoque. Very strange because it was already a funtion in this system.

Hope someone has a solution
01-12-2011 02:51am
ajmooseman

My sat nav screen does dim slightly when you dim the dial lights, it's marginal though. Ok for me however as I prefer bright dial set.

Disclaimer: FAO of Mark_n and others it may concern
While all efforts will be made to delivery statements in English. I can only apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes made while posting my thoughts and opinions. If any post featuring such mistakes should offend, then tough SH*T!
01-12-2011 09:01am
B.Noying

I also find the screen way too bright and have to disable it whenever possible. In rural conditions the speedometer and tach is also too bright, even when dimmed to the minimum.
03-12-2011 07:53am
griff

I find the level of dimming for the dials and central screen fine. On mine the central screen dims in line with the dials - maybe its a prestige thing.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
03-12-2011 10:02am
berlin2011

No complaints here either, if anything I get annoyed when dials et al are too dim

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
03-12-2011 10:30am