Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MY16 Interior Colour and Extras Recommendations
Pedlar

Hi Guy's

After a bit of a wait and contemplation I've decided to finally pull the trigger and replace my old MY12 ED4 PURE with one of the new MY16 SE TECH(s); as I'm getting a brilliant deal from a local deal in the following config :

Firenze Red
Contrast Roof in Santorini Black
Privacy Glass
Currently on 18" Style 706's
18" Space Saver
Rear Camera
InControl Touch Plus - Level 2 (with Premium HDD Navigation System

What I'm having issues with is :

(a) which interior colour to go with, either Ebony or Lunar / Ivory; the Ebony looks lovely with the Firenze exterior, but the Lunar / Ivory contrast on the seats is awesome.

(b) which additional extras to go with as I can only afford one additional option (girlfriends decision).

On the extras side; I'm discounting the InControl Apps package as we'll I've not heard anything great about them (unless someone wants to advise otherwise.

However I'm now split between the Pano Roof option or going with either 9" Style 707's or the awesome looking 20" Style 508's

So I'd appreciate any comments or thoughts to help try and swing me either way and make my decision.
04-05-2015 06:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

Pano roof.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
04-05-2015 09:06pm
ceebee

Re: MY16 Interior Colour and Extras Recommendations

Yip, pano roof!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
04-05-2015 10:45pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: MY16 Interior Colour and Extras Recommendations

If you are going for the all Ebony interior then the Pano roof will be the option to have to light up the interior a bit. Otherwise forget the Panoroof and go for the powered opening and closing tailgate with foot activation so the girlfriend can open the tailgate with her hands full of handbags and shopping

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2015 11:14pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-05-2015 11:10pm
Pedlar

Appreciate the comment Tim; however after a fair be to thought I'm probably going to go down the Pano roof as it seems a more logical option than the alloys (I can get them later if I need to).

What I'm more worried now about is the body styling, as looking at the LR site I can't find any firm confirmation regarding what the SE Tech will look like.

As on the page dedicated to the SE TECH in the UK (http://www.landrover.co.uk/vehicles/rang...ndex.html) it shows an Evoque without the bonnet vents, but with what looks like a dynamic configuration i.e. low profile side cladding and the deeper vents on the front along with the new dynamic grill.

However if I go to the configurator, the image of the SE TECH shows a typical SE model body; which is different from the image shown on the model's web-page.

Then when I go to the 'Choose your model' at the bottom of each page it shows the SE Tech with the dynamic kit.

See what I mean confusing or what; hopefully the LR Customer Service reps here might be able to clear up this if possible.
04-05-2015 11:58pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Sounds about right for the configurator, they never get it right in the first issue.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
05-05-2015 09:29am