Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MY14 Mirror Size v Original
benzina

MY14 Mirror Size v Original

O.k.... so here we have the 2014 Model Year mirrors in a side by side comparison, and yes, it appears the view out and around the mirror now is better on the MY14.
I might wrong (if someone could ask the question down at the factory that would be great), but it looks like LD may have been smart enough to simply redesign the new smaller shell casing onto the existing original fixed extender arm of which it pivots on.
If this is proven true, then perhaps the new MY14 casing could simply be retro fitted onto the existing original extender arms without any complication.
The fixed extender arm on both versions look identical in shape,size,and length.
It's a very interesting question i hope someone can find out.
Also, i would like to know if the new mirrors pivot further around when retracting in?

MY14
[Image: 3402f0f7-6429-4302-af3d-3ed0d5954dbe_zps2b2610c1.jpg]
Original
[Image: fcb8d3c2-7b2a-495d-a06f-0aaa518d29c0_zpsc7286ddf.jpg]
MY14
[Image: c715e137-912a-484b-8c31-97a87fe223af_zps8070537f.jpg]
Original
[Image: 1c275d20-5a75-46a9-be83-8f6ee5b24087_zps00b409be.jpg]

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2013 01:01am by benzina.)
28-11-2013 05:24am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BA74

RE: MY14 Mirror Size v Original

Agree it looks like the actual glass is the same. Love the visibility of the old so this could be a win win!
Does the new still have the indicator light built into the mirror? Can't see it?

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
28-11-2013 07:58am
BFGEvoqueMan

They can make the mirror smaller as this would be the smallest they could make it for Type Approval. Since I am tall the lack of gap between the mirror and the window has never been a problem for me, but if I slouch down in my seat then I can see how it would be quite dangerous for a shorter person. That said, for anyone towing a trailer/caravan then the standard fit ones are excellent. With clip on towing mirrors I have absolutely no issues with our 2.5m wide van.

Looks like a really sensible update.

(28-11-2013 07:58am)BA74 Wrote:  Agree it looks like the actual glass is the same. Love the visibility of the old so this could be a win win!
Does the new still have the indicator light built into the mirror? Can't see it?

It is still there, just more hiddenVery Happy

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2013 09:17am by BFGEvoqueMan.)
28-11-2013 08:57am
RacingSnake

(28-11-2013 07:58am)BA74 Wrote:  Agree it looks like the actual glass is the same. Love the visibility of the old so this could be a win win!
Mirror glass looks different shape to me.

I am intrigued at the thought of a retrofit, but I'd need to see it in the flesh first Cool

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
28-11-2013 09:29am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Why, why why did they change the Range Rover graphic in the driver info screen to Land Rover - last year LR spent fortunes trying to separate the brands and now we've gone backwards. Change for change's sake, there was nothing wrong with reminding us we were driving a Range Rover - if I want to drive a Land Rover I would buy a Defender or a Freelander or a Disco but I drive a RANGE ROVER. The cost to change the graphic would have been better spent making the rear lights into DLR's

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2013 10:24am by XFullFatTim.)
28-11-2013 10:23am
RacingSnake

^^^^ LOL Laughing
I did see that in the screenshot too!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
28-11-2013 10:49am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RREVO

Many thanks Benzina for posting those pics of the new mirrors. I was one of the first to highlight that for some less tall drivers like myself, had trouble seeing over and around the original mirrors. I'd be interested to hear & see if the MY14 ones can be retrofitted.

Dynamic Si4 Auto 5dr, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Powered open & close Tailgate, 20” Gloss black wheels
28-11-2013 10:57am
BA74

(28-11-2013 10:23am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Why, why why did they change the Range Rover graphic in the driver info screen to Land Rover - last year LR spent fortunes trying to separate the brands and now we've gone backwards. Change for change's sake, there was nothing wrong with reminding us we were driving a Range Rover - if I want to drive a Land Rover I would buy a Defender or a Freelander or a Disco but I drive a RANGE ROVER. The cost to change the graphic would have been better spent making the rear lights into DLR's

+1

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
28-11-2013 11:03am
mocha

hi guys, i've been considering on purchasing this vehicle and have tested this a few times but the main concern was these side mirrors!

video on youtube also posted a guy with the same issues:

with the new downsized my2014 side mirrors will this eliminate this problem??
28-11-2013 11:03am
BFGEvoqueMan

(28-11-2013 10:23am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Why, why why did they change the Range Rover graphic in the driver info screen to Land Rover - last year LR spent fortunes trying to separate the brands and now we've gone backwards. Change for change's sake, there was nothing wrong with reminding us we were driving a Range Rover - if I want to drive a Land Rover I would buy a Defender or a Freelander or a Disco but I drive a RANGE ROVER. The cost to change the graphic would have been better spent making the rear lights into DLR's

Tim +1

I sense it's a bit like buying a Lexus and finding a Toyota badge on the screen, or Infinity/Nissan Accura/Honda.

JLR - get a grip!

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
28-11-2013 11:26am