Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MPG
RogB

RE: MPG

reviving an old thread I know but just clocked my 2011 2.2 SD4 Manual at 49.5mpg last night on a drive home. Managed to keep it to 48-49.5 mpg for a good 40 miles at around 70mph.
Average 42.3mpg over the whole 95mile journey so I was a happy bunny last night Very Happy

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
17-09-2018 09:56am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I managed a run in my first 2.2 6 Speed Auto Evoque that averaged 99.9mpg................. it was on a steep downhill road over only 4 miles though. Played havoc with my fuel figures in thevdash for ages afterward and was stored for ever as the most economical run in the trip computer! My SDv6 RRS had a best ever run of 60.6mpg on the M40 between Gaydon and Park Royal in West London through miles and miles and miles of 50mph average speed cam watched over road works! My current Mini Countrymen PHEV is showing a totally infeasable 201mpg that is achieved over 3 weeks and 90% battery only EV mode. You would think in this hitech era that the car makers would be able to create software that can detect when a car is using purely electric mode or purely petrol mode. The FFRR and RRS PHEV’s are the same and also cannot differentiate between polluting mode and non-polluting mode! Start using petrol only mode on the motorway (battery power will go up to 82mph and for 26 miles range) and mpg is dire from the 1.5ltr 3 cylinder turbo petrol engine - around 30mpg - in petrol only mode. It does have one good point though, when in over-run the car will coast and regenerate electricity to charge the HV batteries - charging the battery using the petrol engine is the most inefficient way to charge up, as the car only takes 3 hours max to fully charge on a 13amp domestic plug local driving where I live cost me nothing charging from my home solar panels and so far, in 3 weeks and 800 miles of motoring I have put 35 litres of 4* into the petrol tank - one brim to brim tankful!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-09-2018 12:00pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-09-2018 12:00pm
RogB

so my figures are pretty poor then haha

my route was dual carriageway and motorway all the way, including the 30mph roadworks stretch of the M5 leading up the M6 interchange, and the 50mph roadworks from A/M42 up to J25 of the M1.... I must confess to putting my toe down a bit from J25 to J27 though

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

17-09-2018 12:05pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I’ve just checked my Fuelly.com records - over 16500 miles in my 6 Speed Auto Coupe Dynamic I averaged 36.9mpg and in my 2014MY 9 Speed Auto Dynamic 5 door I averaged 39.3mpg over 8000 miles, I got rid of the car because of continual DFP sensor problems, I would not have normally kept an otherwise good car so short a time but I got fed up with 10days to 2 weeks between visits to the dealer to have a new sensor fitted - itbis the shortest length of time I have ever had a car!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-09-2018 06:17pm
RogB

My shortest period of ownership was a Mazda CX-5 at just 1 month !!... recommended by my brother who has one..... and just goes to prove how utterly dull and boring my brother must be as the Mazda was by far the most boring lifeless and cheap quality car ive ever owned or driven.

mind you mpg was quite good at a steady 48mpg for that whole month and it was quite reasonable in snow even though it was only FWD.

18-09-2018 08:10am