Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MP3 wont play, help please
speary

I have just downloaded the new Elbow album from amazon and copied it to my memory stick with my other elbow albums. When I play it I get an error and it says check if the file is protected or the right format. It is mp3 with a bit rate of about 280. I have other files at 320 and they play fine. If I try to play a couple of the files in the album then it seems to screw up the system as no other files will then play. It looks like they want to play but there is no sound and the track time counter stays at 0.00. I have the then lock the car and leave it for 5 mins or so for things to reset, I then plays the original files ok but not the new album
Any advice would be appreciated

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
11-03-2014 03:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: MP3 wont play, help please

Does the new album play ok from your stick on a pc?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
11-03-2014 03:45pm
PhilSkill

Hi speary, sounds like issues i've had in the past on some USB sticks causing the system to crash and needing a full switch off. You need to determine if it's the tracks at fault or the USB stick has a bad sector, try just that album on another stick you know works. If it still does not work, then can you download the files again from Amazon? You could try formatting the USB stick if the tracks play on another stick (under Computer Management on Windows)

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-03-2014 03:53pm
speary

Thanks for the advice. The files play ok on the usb stick on my laptop. I will try on another stick as well

Just downloaded a completely different album from my amazon cloud account and that wont play either.
Things that are different
New laptop running w 8.1
First time I have used the amazon cloud player, I used to use the amazon downloader
I will try from my old laptop tomorrow

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 05:04pm by speary.)
11-03-2014 04:38pm
MarkA_

The files from amazon sound like they have digital rights management copy protection on them.. You may find they don't play anywhere except using the amazon players.

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
11-03-2014 05:06pm
PhilSkill

I've just downloaded an Album I purchased the other day using Amazon Cloud Player and it plays fine (this is a CD I purchased that had Auto-Rip)

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-03-2014 05:34pm
speary

(11-03-2014 05:06pm)MarkA_ Wrote:  The files from amazon sound like they have digital rights management copy protection on them.. You may find they don't play anywhere except using the amazon players.
I can play the files from the usb drive directly on my laptop using windows media player so not sure that the files are DRM protected. Thanks

11-03-2014 05:40pm
Evo-king

I had a similar problem, Amazon and Google Play albums on a USB stick. Played perfectly on my PC.

Stuck it in the Evoque, wouldn't play, tried another USB stick with music it played fine, so put the so callled faulty stick in my Alfa, it worked.

A couple of day later I was messing around and put the larger USB stick back in the Evoque, this time it played perfectly fine.

Almost like the IT desks solution to PCs. "Have you tried switching it of and on again!"

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
11-03-2014 10:23pm
rchip25

(11-03-2014 03:27pm)speary Wrote:  I have just downloaded the new Elbow album from amazon and copied it to my memory stick with my other elbow albums. When I play it I get an error and it says check if the file is protected or the right format. It is mp3 with a bit rate of about 280. I have other files at 320 and they play fine. If I try to play a couple of the files in the album then it seems to screw up the system as no other files will then play. It looks like they want to play but there is no sound and the track time counter stays at 0.00. I have the then lock the car and leave it for 5 mins or so for things to reset, I then plays the original files ok but not the new album
Any advice would be appreciated

I had exactly the same problem with this album. I downloaded it to my Samsung mobile. When I played it via Bluetooth the first track played and then nothing. This was in my Jaguar XF. thought I was doing something wrong but maybe it's this particular album?

Pure Tech SD4 Auto in Ipanema Sand with almond interior.
12-03-2014 08:52pm
Evo-king

I was about to get this album as well, think I'll hold off until you get a resolution to this, or buy the CD and copy it.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
12-03-2014 11:16pm