Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MP3 wont play, help please
speary

RE: MP3 wont play, help please

(12-03-2014 11:16pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I was about to get this album as well, think I'll hold off until you get a resolution to this, or buy the CD and copy it.

I have emailed Amazon and they said they will investigate. In the meantime I have done a workaround as follows
Downloaded FreeRIP file converter, converted the MP3's to WAV and then converted them back and they now work fine albeit with a slightly reduced bit rate.
I also imported the original Amazon mp3's into iTunes, put them on my iPhone and streamed to the car via Bluetooth and that also worked
Hope this helps
Great album by the way

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
13-03-2014 03:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

Ah, this is what I have been looking for.

Downloaded a new album yesterday from Amazon, same problem, deleted the album on the usb, pulled the album from iTunes still doesn't work in the Evoque.

What is odd though is that the same album from the same source on my two USB sticks play perfectly in my Alfa through the Blue&Me via TomTom media player. Much cheaper tech than the Evoque.

Not quite sure I understand the FreeRIP process, well the converting them back bit anyhow.

Any news from Amazon?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
15-03-2014 04:07pm
PhilSkill

Just use FreeRIP to covert them to WMA and try that, Evoque plays WMA files.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
15-03-2014 04:30pm
Evo-king

My son has just shown me how to convert the Amazon MPEG Audio files to AAC.

So all I have to do now is get them onto the USB stick.

Hopefully, this should do the trick.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
15-03-2014 06:02pm
speary

Amazon have replied. They confirm that there is NO DRM on their files and they should work. Something must have changed with their files as all my other Amazon stuff plays fine. They have asked me to call them to discuss, which I will do when I get the time

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
20-03-2014 09:31am
Evo-king

I have had exactly the same reply from them.

Incidentally, even the new folder I created as AAC files will not play.

Dealer has suggested I try the sticks in one of their cars.

20-03-2014 10:28am
Evo-king

Amazon have refunded me my money, as the downloaded albums will not play in the Evoque, these sticks and albums play in my Alfa!

LRCS tell me that the Evoque plays MPEG Audio files, well they don't with stuff I have downloaded from Google Play or Amazon.

Took the sticks into the dealer today and tried them in their MY14 Demo, same errors on both sticks, so it has to be the Evoque.

Next step either buy a new iPod or only by CD's and convert to MP3.

I just find the USB sticks so convenient.

(This post was last modified: 22-03-2014 05:30pm by Evo-king.)
22-03-2014 05:29pm
Evo-king

Ended up buying a new iPod today, one way around the problem.

Though technically not the answer.

23-03-2014 06:12pm
speary

I have a new Freelander loaner while mine is in for service. The files work fine in it. I will ask to try the files in another Evoque when I go to pick mine up

25-03-2014 02:24pm
PhilSkill

I'm pretty sure now the problem is these downloaded files are encoded in variable bit rate, kind of makes sense for downloaded files as that should be the best file size for quality trade off, but they are notoriously susceptible to decoding issues by different mp3 players. Recoding them as constant bit rate at 256kb/s should solve the issue, but even the re-coding software can struggle to decode some VBR files correctly.

For me the answer is not to download but rip from the CD yourself, which is what I do, that way I can keep flac files at true 1411kb/s for my home system and use 320kb/s for the car.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-03-2014 12:34am