Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MAP Sensor - Si4
bloubul7

MAP Sensor - Si4

Good day all,

I'm trying to unplug my MAP sensor to plug the Racechip in. I have taken out the airbox and got to the MAP sensor from the top but can't get the damn thing unplug due to space limitations. Does anybody know of an easier why to get to the MAP sensor on the Si4
24-07-2013 06:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DustinDep

RE: MAP Sensor - Si4

Where did you get the race chip?
24-07-2013 09:21am
bloubul7

(24-07-2013 09:21am)DustinDep Wrote:  Where did you get the race chip?

http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/land-.../index.php
24-07-2013 07:31pm
dynamicgirl

When you say you've taken out the air box, do you mean the plastic engine cover or the box which the panel air filter is inside? The MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor on the Si4 engine is situated on the left hand side of the intake manifold (right on the front of the engine). I removed the engine cover and had a go at getting to mine this afternoon and I had no problem removing it with the short end of an Allen key with a T27 head. It's just the one T27 bolt holding it in. I do have small hands though, so can do most fiddly jobs in spaces with limited access. The MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor is the one on the air box induction hose. I could take some pics for you if you need.

MY15 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 Door in Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Style 9's, Ebony Leather, Privacy Glass, Panoramic Roof, Power Tailgate, Keyless, Heated Steering Wheel, VB Edition Centre Caps, Black Alloy Nuts & Lockers, Philips XV 5K Xenons, Witter Detachable Tow Bar & Full Interior LED's. Barmeca Black Side Steps, Bonnet Vents and Mudflaps to be fitted. Very Happy
Gone MY12 Dynamic SI4 Coupe, Fuji White, Contrast Black Roof, All Black Pack Parts Fitted.
27-07-2013 02:29pm
bloubul7

Removed both the engine cover and the airbox. But I have rather large hands and thumbs as fingers. According to the installation manual the map sensor sits on the boost pipe on the right hand side of the intercooler, below the oil cooler.
(This post was last modified: 27-07-2013 06:07pm by bloubul7.)
27-07-2013 06:03pm
dynamicgirl

Hmm, the part the fitting instructions is telling you to remove is the MAPT (Manifold Absolute Pressure with Temperature) sensor, which is located as you say on the boost pipe next to the front mounted intercooler. The MAP sensor is the one on the intake manifold. It would certainly be a bit more difficult to get your hands down to the MAPT sensor, ..even with my kid-sized mitts, Laughing.

Here is a diagram with the locations of a few of the Si4 engine sensors, ..it's actually from the Ford GTDi as in the new Focus ST, but essentially the same as ours.

[Image: Focus20St_zps746866d8.jpg]

1 Intake Variable Cam Timing (VCT) oil control solenoid
2 Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP) sensor
3 Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor
4 Front Knock Sensor
5 Manifold Absolute Pressure with Temperature (MAPT) sensor
6 Rear Knock Sensor
7 Intake Camshaft Position (CMP) sensor
8 Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor
(This post was last modified: 27-07-2013 07:08pm by dynamicgirl.)
27-07-2013 06:54pm
bloubul7

Thank you for the diagram. It ties into both the MAP and the MAPT. I have no problem to get to the MAP, problem comes with the MAPT. I can touch the sensor and feel the plug but can't get it unplugged. Insufficient space to get it unplugged.
27-07-2013 07:30pm
dynamicgirl

(27-07-2013 07:30pm)bloubul7 Wrote:  Thank you for the diagram. It ties into both the MAP and the MAPT. I have no problem to get to the MAP, problem comes with the MAPT. I can touch the sensor and feel the plug but can't get it unplugged. Insufficient space to get it unplugged.

No problem. Sorry it's working out to be such a pain for you to fit your Racechip. I had a look at their website and they make it all look so simple. Hope you can get it sorted out, but I just had a look down there and I honestly don't think I would be able to get near enough to unplug it either Sad
27-07-2013 08:25pm
bloubul7

(27-07-2013 08:25pm)dynamicgirl Wrote:  No problem. Sorry it's working out to be such a pain for you to fit your Racechip. I had a look at their website and they make it all look so simple. Hope you can get it sorted out, but I just had a look down there and I honestly don't think I would be able to get near enough to unplug it either Sad

I'm going to remove the fender this weekend and see if I can access it without removing the bumper.
02-08-2013 01:29pm
dynamicgirl

Cool, hope you manage to fit it, Buddy. Smile
02-08-2013 03:45pm