Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Luton Hoo LR Experience
Coolbanana

Luton Hoo LR Experience

Well, yesterday afternoon I had the pleasure of discovering for myself just what the Evoque is capable of offroad - and it is indeed very impressive!

My LRE 1/2 day was at the new Luton Hoo course and it was very good - the man-made concrete course demonstrates the RRE's prowess in ways I never thought possible; and I was already impressed just looking at pictures on the 'net of what other's had subjected the car to! My Instructor was excellent and took he me out to a nearby road crossing that was submerged so that the car could do some wading and then back to the offroad track.

There were places where I was convinced the car would get stuck due to being too low and others where it looked like we were going to crash into a 'wall' that it easily drove over. At no point did the car seem even remotely troubled.

This was my second LRE course as I did one when I got the Disco 4. Anyone who hasn't done a course yet, I highly recommend it!

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
27-08-2012 09:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Luton Hoo LR Experience

Coolbanana, brilliant photos.

Now you need to do a wet course.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
27-08-2012 09:37am
Coolbanana

(27-08-2012 09:37am)Evo-king Wrote:  Coolbanana, brilliant photos.

Now you need to do a wet course.

Cheers! Yes, I do, would like to go when it is either muddy or icy.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
27-08-2012 09:49am
SebM

Excellent !!!!

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
27-08-2012 10:45am
EpicEvo

Luton Hoo LR Experience

How much did this cost?
27-08-2012 11:33am
Coolbanana

(27-08-2012 11:33am)EpicEvo Wrote:  How much did this cost?

Free! I just used the 1/2 day LR Experience voucher I got when I bought the car.

Not sure what it costs without the free voucher though.

27-08-2012 11:40am
EpicEvo

Luton Hoo LR Experience

Ahhh ryt okay... Did you get the voucher before you took collection of your car? And what dealership did you buy from. I only live in Stevenage so not far away from Luton
27-08-2012 11:44am
Coolbanana

(27-08-2012 11:44am)EpicEvo Wrote:  Ahhh ryt okay... Did you get the voucher before you took collection of your car? And what dealership did you buy from. I only live in Stevenage so not far away from Luton

I was given the voucher when I collected the car - from Guy Salmon in Wakefield. My Disco 4 was from Hunters in Southampton and they too gave me a voucher upon collection so I think it is fairly standard to get one.

27-08-2012 12:14pm
Evo-king

(27-08-2012 11:44am)EpicEvo Wrote:  Ahhh ryt okay... Did you get the voucher before you took collection of your car? And what dealership did you buy from. I only live in Stevenage so not far away from Luton

If you haven't taken delivery of your car yet, then ask about the LRE voucher on the day you take delivery of it.

All dealers are supposed to have these.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
27-08-2012 03:07pm
Nowaytk

Do they still do the section thru the woods ? When I done Luton it was very wet, you couldn't see how deep any of the ruts were & the mud was like slush especially in the wooded section as had to be extra carfull not to slide sideways into trees (the instructor told us of a mishaps). Got to say from that time I've had to do two other experiences one again at Luton & one at rockingham it's so addictive.
A very impressive machine indeed

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
27-08-2012 04:18pm