Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lurching after brake realease
Booglefox79

Hello, I have just picked up my Evoque auto transmission and have noticed that if I have it in D and apply the foot brake when I have stopped in traffic,when I release the foot brake to then apply the acceleration pedal it lurches forwards sometimes ! It almost feels like some one has driven Into the back of me? Or the brakes have stuck? Could this be me letting go of the brake pedal to quick or something else? It is my first auto so I'm not sure if this is Normal? Any advice will be helpful , thanks
16-03-2018 08:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bee

RE: Lurching after brake realease

its not normal, sounds like brake sticking. I had this problem when my evo was left parked for a month on a hill. after a good long drive and a few brake stops in reverse it was back to normal.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
16-03-2018 09:06pm
Booglefox79

(16-03-2018 09:06pm)bee Wrote:  its not normal, sounds like brake sticking. I had this problem when my evo was left parked for a month on a hill. after a good long drive and a few brake stops in reverse it was back to normal.

Thanks for your reply, I drove it from car dealer about 60 miles but only noticed it when I hit a traffic jam after about 40 miles so could this still be brakes sticking after this long? Am I releasing the brake pedal to fast ?
16-03-2018 09:21pm
Doody

i don't believe you can "release a brake pedal too fast".

they can certainly be 'sticky' and that'd cause a lurch as the connection breaks. but it's not caused by your foot.

what are the RPMs at? is the engine revving high when you're stopped?

doody

2012 Prestige Premium
17-03-2018 12:38pm
Booglefox79

Hello, no the revs are normal when this happens, I spoke to the garage and they have said the car learns how you drive and will adapt after a while? Hope this does calm down as I really like the new car. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
17-03-2018 12:43pm
Doody

it learns out to rear-end the guy in front of you when the light turns green?

glad my 2012 is 'stupid' Smile Smile

d

2012 Prestige Premium
17-03-2018 12:49pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If the car is just purchased then get it back to the dealer you bought it from a.s.a.p and make them fix it, it isn’t right and the car could be dangerous to drive on the road in that condition. You have only a few days to return it and they have to have one go at fixing it then you reject it, tell them to keep it until it is right and ask them for you old car back as they are not meant to sell your old car until the fault repair period is closed.
If it was bought from a Land Rover dealer as approved used then they could not have prepped it properly. If you bought from a non-franchised dealer then you still have consumer rights - go to the Citizens Advice Centre, Trading Standards and search on line, but the car is not right and not of saleable quality.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-03-2018 04:00pm
bee

i agree it needs returning, and may bee dangerous to drive.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
(This post was last modified: 17-03-2018 04:15pm by bee.)
17-03-2018 04:15pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You might find this thread on another forum I am a member off of interest
http://www.mini2.com/forum/general-discu...ost4447985

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-03-2018 04:38pm