Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lucky Accident
5jms5

Lucky Accident

Hi folks
Driving in the lowering sun with a light drizzle I lost concentration for a couple of seconds (changing track on iphone). I hit a traffic island hard, not hard enough to damage the car but managed to puncture two tyres! The 20" alloys seemed to be protected by the rubber which had gash in sidewall.
I bought two new tyres went for Pirelli Verde £260 for both gave car a good wash and normal service is now resumed.
I had a lucky escape so people be warned accidents can happen to us all so be careful when using touch screen.
Cheers
John
31-07-2015 06:58am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Lucky Accident

I found that the lip on the Michelins was much better at protecting the wheel that the Continental tyre of my previous Evoque which didn't have the same sort of overlap. Still managed to scuff a rear Black alloy wheel on a high granite kerb just before handing the car back for the RRS. RRS's 22" wheels lasted about a fortnight before I got a tiny scuff on the near side front one.....

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
31-07-2015 09:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply