Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Low Battery please Start Engine
derekredwards

Low Battery please Start Engine

My 2017 Evoque went in for its first service two weeks ago and had a software update following a recall concerning emissions. I now get a daily message up on the display saying low battery please start the engine and stop start no longer works, this seems to be known by Land Rover when I spoke with them and has bee booked in for investigation, has anybody else experienced this

my2017 SE Tech Santorini Black
29-03-2019 04:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Low Battery please Start Engine

You need to go for a longish (more than 20 miles )non stop drive, get the engine fully warmed up and let the stop/start battery recharge as that warning is usually a sign that the stop/start battery in the boot is too low. I doubt in an 18 month old car that the special battery has died but you could get the dealership to look at it before the warranty expires. I used to get this in both Evoques and my last RRS every time I went abroad for 3 months with work. The run above always cured the issue unless, yet again, JLR’s software team have not been bench testing fixes for other problems before releasing them.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-03-2019 06:35pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-03-2019 06:33pm
derekredwards

(29-03-2019 06:33pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  You need to go for a longish (more than 20 miles )non stop drive, get the engine fully warmed up and let the stop/start battery recharge as that warning is usually a sign that the stop/start battery in the boot is too low. I doubt in an 18 month old car that the special battery has died but you could get the dealership to look at it before the warranty expires. I used to get this in both Evoques and my last RRS every time I went abroad for 3 months with work. The run above always cured the issue unless, yet again, JLR’s software team have not been bench testing fixes for other problems before releasing them.

I don’t think it’s a run it needs I took it on a long run to Redhill and back last Tuesday 110 mile round trip and on Thursday the low battery message came up this has only happened since the software update 2 weeks ago, never happened before.

my2017 SE Tech Santorini Black
29-03-2019 09:56pm
mighTTy-RRE

Sounds like the battery is on it's way out. I got the same message on my 2013 Evoque for a number of months, until I eventually bit the bullet and replaced the battery.
30-03-2019 09:31am
Derek Brown

(29-03-2019 04:34pm)derekredwards Wrote:  My 2017 Evoque went in for its first service two weeks ago and had a software update following a recall concerning emissions. I now get a daily message up on the display saying low battery please start the engine and stop start no longer works, this seems to be known by Land Rover when I spoke with them and has bee booked in for investigation, has anybody else experienced this

I had this recently issue during January 2019 on my MY2016; dark mornings, heavy use of ancillaries, heated screens, seats, headlights etc.
I charged the battery, took about seven hours with a domestic type charger. No issues after this.

Derek
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2019 07:12pm by Derek Brown.)
01-04-2019 05:52pm