Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Low Battery Warning
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Low Battery Warning

If you look at the dates the post that mentions it was in January 2013 so yours may already have been done Donny. After my first winter with my first Evoque I had several BMS software upgrades and the battery was changed twice, the second one being something called an "absorbed glass mat" battery (don't ask, I haven't a clue!) and then the car could go for much longer periods without flattening the battery, it couldn't go more than 3 weeks before the changes. I'm pleased to say that my current Evoque has gone the whole of the winter so far only being driven once between late November and last week, and battery life has not been an issue even with some very cold weather and the car sitting outside. When my brother took it for a run in February it started first press of the button. I have to say that all the cold weather has cured all the rattles for the time being too!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2015 08:23am by XFullFatTim.)
06-03-2015 08:16am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(06-03-2015 08:16am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  If you look at the dates the post that mentions it was in January 2013 so yours may already have been done Donny. After my first winter with my first Evoque I had several BMS software upgrades and the battery was changed twice, the second one being something called an "absorbed glass mat" battery (don't ask, I haven't a clue!) and then the car could go for much longer periods without flattening the battery, it couldn't go more than 3 weeks before the changes. I'm pleased to say that my current Evoque has gone the whole of the winter so far only being driven once between late November and last week, and battery life has not been an issue even with some very cold weather and the car sitting outside. When my brother took it for a run in February it started first press of the button. I have to say that all the cold weather has cured all the rattles for the time being too!

Thanks! I'm surprised they didn't mention it at a previous service, though - they usually go through everything that's been done on the car. For all that, I've never had a flat battery so I don't know why I'm worrying! (To be honest, the main reason I raised it was that the car was on the verge of going out of warranty, so I was just trying to cover all the bases - the car doesn't do enough miles to justify the extended warranty).

I've got glass mat batteries in my boat. They are 'dry', so much better at coping with being disturbed from their equilibrium, which is ideal in rough weather, plus they hold their charge well. I should imagine that could be equally helpful if your car did any serious off-roading. You are lucky to get them, though, as they are much more expensive than standard lead-acid batteries.
06-03-2015 10:19am
Jeroma

(04-03-2015 01:54pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It isn't an "issue" it is a "design feature" .................
--------------------------------------

In fact... a Diesel car full of electric/electronic gadgets fitted with a 52 AH battery can't be named a design feature, but a serious design fault.
The minimum acceptable would be 75 AH

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
19-03-2016 01:54pm
wheels

I thought 75AH was standard for the evoque
18-04-2016 12:51pm
Stadt Panzer

Low Battery Warning