Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Low Battery Warning
Onebigjobby

Low Battery Warning

if ur getting the infamous low battery warning please read:

Just had the low battery warning for the last 2 weeks, and decided to get LR assist out to check it out, the nice chap told me my SD4 was taking more out of the battery than putting back in as I used heated steering wheel, seats and stereo all at the same time.
He said he had a software fix for this that would last up to 100,000 miles.
He showed me exactly how much my battery was being drained with everything on, and after the fix how much again. It worked I now have an Evoque that puts more juice into the battery than it drains! An interesting point is that the technician told me that LR knew of this fault and were working on a software update. So if you have this problem call out LR assist and insist on a LR technician not the AA assistant.
Hope this helps
Onebigjobby Cool
05-12-2012 04:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: Low Battery Warning

Interesting that there's a software fix as for mine they installed a new battery.
05-12-2012 05:55pm
markwiggy

This battery monitoring system software update is now available

Mark

Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 door Orkney Grey Black Roof with Panoramic and Privacy Glass
20-01-2013 09:48pm
The Valeter

(05-12-2012 05:55pm)WB Wrote:  Interesting that there's a software fix as for mine they installed a new battery.

They did both on mine.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
20-01-2013 10:41pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HotLap

Wow, I have a brand new 2015 and got this warning several times on Sat and Sunday. I thought perhaps it was because I was sitting in vehicle with ignition on but not running engine, checking out options, making settings, etc. Was surprised how quickly the message came on, then after driving a 40 mile round trip on Sunday, after stopping the rear hatch would not "auto raise" and I had to lift it by hand...turns out this was a low battery preservation technique as well...was surprised that after such a long drive the battery would be low. Still thinking of having it checked by dealer...although the Evoque was built in Jan 2015, so I wouldn't have thought the battery could be that old, but who knows?

Anyone hear of 2015 owners with the low battery warning issue?

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
03-03-2015 09:49pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It isn't an "issue" it is a "design feature" .................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-03-2015 01:54pm
HotLap

(04-03-2015 01:54pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It isn't an "issue" it is a "design feature" .................

Well, we shall see, if it's not holding a charge after a 40 mile round trip with only the radio in use (no seat heaters, lights, etc.) I'm thinking there may indeed be an issue with the battery staying in a low charge condition. I'll check back in after I have the dealer check it, thx!

04-03-2015 06:38pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It is meant to stop you flattening the battery - the Meridian system is a big user, but also for some reason leaving a door open with the courtesy lights on or the tailgate open can also drain the battery quite quickly.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
05-03-2015 10:44am
HotLap

(05-03-2015 10:44am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It is meant to stop you flattening the battery - the Meridian system is a big user, but also for some reason leaving a door open with the courtesy lights on or the tailgate open can also drain the battery quite quickly.

So true, I was surprised at how quickly the battery discharged.

05-03-2015 10:34pm
Donny Dog

I've never had any update, but had the Evoque in for its service today (3 years) and asked about the battery software update. The service manager said there was nothing outstanding listed for my car (he showed me the appropriate download from the service system), so nothing got updated. This doesn't make sense to me.
05-03-2015 11:20pm