Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Low Battery Notification
KaDargo

Low Battery Notification

When I switch on, a 'low battery' notification flashes up, then quickly disappears.

The car starts ok without a hitch, and everything works (except the heated screen, typically at the moment as SWMBO is mostly using it in the mornings and is NOT happy having to scrape!)

I am assuming it's not the battery, but perhaps a software glitch and the system doesn't think there's enough power for the screen, so shuts it down.

Anyone had this before?

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
05-01-2017 02:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xz4

RE: Low Battery Notification

Check the battery voltage. The cold mornings take a lot out of the battery. Maybe more being used starting than being put back in if SWMBO is doing short journeys. Battery should be about 13.4V fully charged.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux, Indus Silver, Black Leather, Black Pack, Head up display, Self park pack, 22" Overfinch wheels. Love it
06-01-2017 08:55am
doug

Usually the first sign of a low battery will give you a "gear box fault" message when you start the engine, or if the battery is really low on charge you will get a "traction control unavailable" message. I've not ever seen a low battery message on mine.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
06-01-2017 10:44am
jcarrot

I have had a low battery notification when first starting up, first indication is when I get in the car and there are no interior lights. This has happened a couple of times when I have left the car in the garage for a few days and then just taken it for short journeys with heated seats etc.
A couple of times I've had a screen flash saying that the system will close down in 1 minute as I start up but then it disappears.
Connecting to a battery charger once a week has solved the problem.
06-01-2017 11:04am
Queenb

It comes up on my evoque saying LIMITED PERFORMANCE can someone tells me what it means.it flashes up twice today but i have no clue to whats happening
03-02-2017 03:28pm
xz4

(03-02-2017 03:28pm)Queenb Wrote:  It comes up on my evoque saying LIMITED PERFORMANCE can someone tells me what it means.it flashes up twice today but i have no clue to whats happening

Could be the DPF nearly full. Take it for a good blast to try to clear out the filter. I think you'll need to do between 20-40 miles for it to clear, as the exhaust needs to get quite hot for it to happen. Could be something else but this is worth a try.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux, Indus Silver, Black Leather, Black Pack, Head up display, Self park pack, 22" Overfinch wheels. Love it
03-02-2017 03:33pm
Queenb

Thank you so much , i will try it
03-02-2017 04:27pm
jcarrot

(03-02-2017 04:27pm)Queenb Wrote:  Thank you so much , i will try it

Best to keep away from motorways as "Limited Performance" means just that!
03-02-2017 04:52pm
Queenb

Ok i will thank you
03-02-2017 06:44pm
Koidream

If the system tells you that there is Limited Performance, I wouldn't take it for a good "blast". What if it is not the DPF and something is wrong with the engine?
The only advice I can give you is to take it to the nearest dealer as soon as possible.
I had the same problem, caused by a bad DPF sensor. A good "blast" wouldn't have corrected the fault message.

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

[Image: 343895.png]