Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Low Battery/Charging Issue
12redrover

Low Battery/Charging Issue

Evoque owners that have had Low Battery, or batteries replaced, and "trans fault" issues. What did it take to get the problem sorted? Dealer wants to change steering wheel(no heat), and gear shift selector. rather than address the charging system bulletin(says there are no codes stored). I had no problems with the heated steering wheel, or gear selector, as long as I used a trickle charger every day. When I realized it was nut's to keep using the charger, on a car I drive every day, that's when trouble started.
So, I know from the prior posts of the problems. How was it rectified? Help! Thank you!
11-03-2014 03:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Low Battery/Charging Issue

Mine was showing no codes, and the battery tested 'fine'.
I was not offered a swap of anything, and was told that there was no problem.
I escalated to LRCS through this forum to get a result.
Had the battery changed FOC as a result of their intervention and I no longer have any warnings Smile

it's all quite extensively documented on here... you just need to separate out my facts from the general rants Laughing

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
11-03-2014 06:14pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Low Battery/Charging Issue

Mine was a diesel as are the vast amjoiry of European owned Evoques - first the siftware was upgraded then after the 2nd flat battery a new battery and then after the 3rd flattening episode I had the car recovered to a dealership with help from Pete/ Liam at LRCS - Land Rover Assistance had changed to a 3rd battery - an Absorbed Glass Mat type and another software upgrade. The dealer also did the Stop/Start upgrade even though the car had no stop/start as there was a Battery Management System patch included in that software - after that I had no issues with the battery

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-03-2014 06:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply