Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Loud Brakes
mnd

Loud Brakes

Hi all,
Has anybody noticed an overly loud brake pad noise when coming to a complete stop? In a quite environment, no music etc, I find that you can really hear the pads touching the disk. It doesn't sound squeaky or anything, just rather loud in comparison to any other car I've driven. Been happening for a while now.

Also have a rather strange 'ting', metallic noise after engaging reverse after strart up. Also seems to repeat itself as you engage drive and or use the power steering at low speed while parking.

Anybody experienced anything similar ?
Thanks
03-11-2012 10:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jojosr

RE: Loud Brakes

The same by me....

Ordered: 2.3.2012:
RRE Prestige SD4 AT, Barolo Black, Spirit/Macassar/Ivory/Espresso Oxford Leather Interiour, Black Pano roof, Privacy Glass, AUX Heating, Heated seats and Wheel, Tech pack.
Delivered: 19.9.2012
[Image: 151832.png]
04-11-2012 10:41pm
speary

RE: Loud Brakes

Check that you dont have a stone of some other rubbish trapped between the brake disc and the backing plate. Reversing can sometimes clear these things

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
05-11-2012 09:40am