Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Lots being transported South tonight
Atlantis

Lots being transported South tonight

During my 25 minute drive on the M6 tonight between J10 and J4, I spotted no less than 3 transporters full of Evoques heading Southbound. The first transporter was pretty much full of Orkney Grey cars, with a solitary fuji white in the mix. The cars on the back seemed to Pures but were missing part of their rear bumper trim - don't know why! The other 2 transporters contained silver, black and blue Evoques in various specs. Obviously on their way to dealers for the launch.
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2011 08:28pm by Atlantis.)
30-08-2011 08:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Lots being transported South tonight

The rear bumper trim has to be removed so they can be lashed onto the transporter using the lashing/ recovery eye that is hidden behind the offside rear section of the bumper

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-08-2011 08:44pm
Atlantis

(30-08-2011 08:44pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  The rear bumper trim has to be removed so they can be lashed onto the transporter using the lashing/ recovery eye that is hidden behind the offside rear section of the bumper

Ahh, makes sense
30-08-2011 09:28pm
oop north

I saw a couple of transporter loads today south kind on the m6 in Cheshire - mostly black or White, plus a couple of grey
05-09-2011 08:06pm
caroline11000

As I passed my dealership this afternoon I spotted a transporter with 5 Evoques on, 2 black, 2 grey (one lighter than the other) & one white, so I just had to stop and have a look before they hastily got them off and hid them up out the back of the premises! It's the first one's I've seen in the flesh, am very excited now!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
05-09-2011 08:26pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Bet you're looking forward to the boat show Caroline?
05-09-2011 08:30pm
caroline11000

(05-09-2011 08:30pm)Charlie Wrote:  Bet you're looking forward to the boat show Caroline?

Sure am Charlie, also the Here & Now on Thursday night Very Happy

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
05-09-2011 08:59pm