Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lost Ring under Passenger Seat
SusanBlanchard

Hi, I dropped my wedding ring under the front passenger seat. I was in the passenger seat, ring in left hand, and it fell between the centre console and the seat just in front of the seat belt. I didn't find it looking myself, so I took it to the dealer, they took the seat out and didn't find it.

Its there somewhere!! Does anyone know what the deep metal pockets in the centre lead to? When I put my hand under the seat, there is a gap in the carpet, and there is a trough about 1 inch wide that my fingers can go down, its wide, at least 4 inches, but my fingers cannot reach the bottom.. I think it may have gone down there.

Any tips I can give the dealer? They said they will try again - I think they thought I was mistaken so didn't start taking parts off the floor of the vehicle.. or is this ring lost until the car is scrapped in several years?!

I have attached the photos the dealer sent me, the ring would have to go down where the carpet has a split..

Thanks, Susan

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

15-08-2015 06:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gjh0702

RE: Lost Ring under Passenger Seat

(15-08-2015 06:29pm)SusanBlanchard Wrote:  Hi, I dropped my wedding ring under the front passenger seat. I was in the passenger seat, ring in left hand, and it fell between the centre console and the seat just in front of the seat belt. I didn't find it looking myself, so I took it to the dealer, they took the seat out and didn't find it.

Its there somewhere!! Does anyone know what the deep metal pockets in the centre lead to? When I put my hand under the seat, there is a gap in the carpet, and there is a trough about 1 inch wide that my fingers can go down, its wide, at least 4 inches, but my fingers cannot reach the bottom.. I think it may have gone down there.

Any tips I can give the dealer? They said they will try again - I think they thought I was mistaken so didn't start taking parts off the floor of the vehicle.. or is this ring lost until the car is scrapped in several years?!

I have attached the photos the dealer sent me, the ring would have to go down where the carpet has a split..

Thanks, Susan

I am sure that Peter at LR customer relations will be able to help:-http://babyrr.com/forum/User-Pete-LandRover

Good luck

Prestige 5 door ,my 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof, privacy glass, 20in Alloy style 7
15-08-2015 07:08pm
borbor1313

I find a big piece of bluetac on the end of a chopstick or screwdriver or coat hanger with a twisted loop on the end good for retrieving screws and possibly rings from crevices works well . You can prod into those areas blind and hopeful pull it out carefully. If you don't have bluetac you can you any type of tape wrapped into a ball , obviously sticky side out once you have attached it to your probe
22-08-2015 02:50am
Jim NI

RE: Lost Ring under Passenger Seat

Find a garage with endoscope to check the channel
25-08-2015 06:32pm