Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Loss of power
CRC@LandRover

RE: Loss of power

(15-08-2016 10:59am)RogB Wrote:  This has been a long ongong problem on the Freelander 2 forum (freel2.com) with the earlier SD4 2.2 engines from 2011/2012.
the car loses power particularly when pulling away and then suddenly kicks in, like something is sticking or fuel is not getting through properly.

I don't think there has ever been a conclusive fix for this, some have been fixed or improved by flashing new software to the main ECU and fuelling systems, some have been sorted by changing the throttle body or reflashing the throttle sensors.
some have tried all of the above and not seen any change.

my new 2012 SD4 Evoque is also doing it (only had it for 2 weeks) but its in for major service (which the LR dealer failed to do on purchase) on 1st September so the fuel filter will be changed then along with the usual other filters. Ill mention it to them then as its pretty scary at junctions when it happens.

Good morning RogB,

Thank you for your post.

Please do not hesitate to PM us with your vehicle details including a contact number and email address should you require any further assistance.

Many thanks,
Amellia

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
16-08-2016 11:34am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
David T

Does anyone know if the intermittent and temporary loss of power on the SD4 has been resolved. My 3 year old Evoque started this intermittent loss of power problem just after the warranty ran out. My local LR dealership are not aware of the issue and haven't a clue what could be the cause without fault code indications which didn't show on a diagnostic check.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2017 05:48pm by David T.)
08-09-2017 05:20pm
Bill

Any news on resolving this issue? I had it during my warranty period but as it was intermittent the dealer was not able to identify the cause. As mentioned in previous posts, it has happened at constant speed, on changing gear, pulling out from junctions. My main concern is pulling out from a junction and having no throttle response as anothe vehicle is approaching!
It seemed OK for a while but has recently started again (now out of warranty Sad ).

Other posts don't seem to mention if car is manual or automatic. In my case I have a manual car.
Looking forward to resolving this sooner rather than later

Now with Dynamic TD4, 5 door, Kaikora Stone, manual, tech & comfort packs
18-07-2018 09:25am
CRC@LandRover

Good morning Bill,

Thank you for your post.

I would recommend that if you are experiencing concerns with your vehicle to contact your local approved retailer who will be able to investigate the concerns further for you.

Should you require further assistance once the concerns have been investigated please do not hesitate to contact me and I will look to provide assistance where possible.

Thanks, Stacie

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
18-07-2018 10:32am
Bill

(18-07-2018 10:32am)CRC@LandRover Wrote:  Good morning Bill,

Thank you for your post.

I would recommend that if you are experiencing concerns with your vehicle to contact your local approved retailer who will be able to investigate the concerns further for you.

Should you require further assistance once the concerns have been investigated please do not hesitate to contact me and I will look to provide assistance where possible.

Thanks, Stacie

Hi Stacie,
I did this last year (dealer in Geneva) when my Evoque was still under guarantee but was informed that they could find nothing as it was an intermittent fault. After several months without the fault (and now out of guarantee) it has returned. Looking back at correspondence I now see that I reported the fault initially this time last year! Further investigations has now found this thread:
http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/forum/...13044.html
which is details the exact problem I have been experiencing. I have now contacted the dealer again with this information and await their reply.
Regards
Bill

19-07-2018 07:32am
Bill

(18-07-2018 10:32am)CRC@LandRover Wrote:  Good morning Bill,

Thank you for your post.

Thanks, Stacie

Hi Stacie,

I have now had the dealer download all DTCs and, as expected, nothing was found. What advice have you now on how to diagnose and rectify this problem?

Best Regards

28-08-2018 09:20am