Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Losing tyre pressure
couplands

Losing tyre pressure

Our MY15 with TPMS has registered low pressures 3 times in the last year. Mainly on the front offside, but all tyres are low.

I pump them to 36psi front and 34psi rear each time and when I check them after 3-4 months they have all dropped approx. 4 psi. They are all checked cold and before the car has been run.

I just wondered if there was a issue with the TMPS valves. My Disco4 (without TPMS) keeps stable pressures over the same 12 month period so just a bit concerned over the issue on the Evoque.

cheers

simon
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2016 01:59pm by couplands.)
03-03-2016 01:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DVFlyer

RE: Losing tyre pressure

I had trouble with slow leaks when I filled mine with one of those small battery pack compressors. When I used the big compressor at the office, I haven't had the problem since. Thinking something to do with the lack of power in the small compressor.

Just a theory at this point but so far so good.

2014 Zanzibar Pure Premium. Black roof, black wheels, black interior.
03-03-2016 03:48pm
couplands

(03-03-2016 03:48pm)DVFlyer Wrote:  I had trouble with slow leaks when I filled mine with one of those small battery pack compressors. When I used the big compressor at the office, I haven't had the problem since. Thinking something to do with the lack of power in the small compressor.

Just a theory at this point but so far so good.

Hmm, I can see that a small compressor would take longer to pump up the tyre but not sure why the tyres would lose pressure as a result..?

I use the same compressor to pump the D4 and Evoque tyres so I think I can eliminate that.

Cheers

Simon
03-03-2016 10:33pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You haven't kerbed a tyre in the last 2-3 months have you and disturbed the bead seal to the alloy rim? Also is the valve stem firmly screwed into the alloy, i.e. is there a good seal there too? Time to get the washing up liquid out and start to squirt some around the valve stem and the beading and see if there are any tiny bubbles forming

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-03-2016 11:26pm
couplands

(03-03-2016 11:26pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  You haven't kerbed a tyre in the last 2-3 months have you and disturbed the bead seal to the alloy rim? Also is the valve stem firmly screwed into the alloy, i.e. is there a good seal there too? Time to get the washing up liquid out and start to squirt some around the valve stem and the beading and see if there are any tiny bubbles forming

No kerbing plus it's all 4 tyres losing pressure. I feel it's something to do with the valves and will get the Fairy Liquid out..Smile

Cheers

Simon
04-03-2016 07:19pm
terry b

Does anybody know the correct tyre pressures front & rear for 245X45X20
Kind Regards
Terry
18-02-2020 01:39am
bee

(04-03-2016 07:19pm)couplands Wrote:  No kerbing plus it's all 4 tyres losing pressure. I feel it's something to do with the valves and will get the Fairy Liquid out..Smile

Cheers

Simon

The valves should bee replaced same time tyres are.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
18-02-2020 09:23pm