Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
sunglasses holder
sasdiscos

sunglasses holder

Can the roof console from the newer cars with the glasses holder be fitted to the older cars?

Steve
05-08-2016 05:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: sunglasses holder

If the newer cars have InControl then the overhead consol is a different design to accommodate the additional functions of the emergency call and fault log download to the control Centre. IIRC all 2014MY cars on have the modified consol even if they don't have the InControl system fitted. The difference to the older cars is that where the switches are in the newer cars there was the overhead mounting where the optional IR transmitter was for the optional Whitefire headphones. What the cars without the IR transmitter had in that space I don't know but it is possible that you could mount the sunglasses holder there using string adhesive or Velcro. Way back when I had a Freelander 1 the sunglasses holder attached to the driver's side grab handle above the door aperture, could you fit it there on an Evoque?

I'll answer my own question now I have thought about it.......... Probably not because there is the side curtain airbag now above the doors..........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2016 08:04pm by XFullFatTim.)
05-08-2016 08:03pm
bigmac3161

sunglasses holder

The holders crap anyway u've gotta push it about 5times to get the bloody thing to open. Unless it jams and takes 20 goes useless contraption
05-08-2016 09:10pm
Pete

I just put my sunglasses in the little coin holder section of the centre console. That little cubby is pretty much useless for anything other than sunglasses anyway.

When I bought mine, I had hopes that the black box in the overhead console was a glasses holder. But nope, it's just a big black brick of uselessness.

Porsche Macan
08-08-2016 07:24am
sasdiscos

Nuff said. Did like it in my Range Rover, and my van has the version using the grab handle.

Ah well. Cheers guys.
08-08-2016 08:31am
cscaddy

(08-08-2016 07:24am)Pete Wrote:  I just put my sunglasses in the little coin holder section of the centre console. That little cubby is pretty much useless for anything other than sunglasses anyway.

When I bought mine, I had hopes that the black box in the overhead console was a glasses holder. But nope, it's just a big black brick of uselessness.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=FsvrROOrEzs

Fix for all LR SGB issues
22-08-2018 12:10am
Pete

Thanks for that video. The right link would be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsvrROOrEzs (your link takes us to the editing page)

Porsche Macan
22-08-2018 08:33am