Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lock actuator
Waggers

Lock actuator

Hi everyone,
Recently bought a three door dynamic, unfortunately the drivers side door intermittently doesn’t lock and by doing a bit of investigation it seems it’s the actuator ( can lock door manually with the rocker above the door release, but when electronically trying to lock the rocker only moves slightly).

Although the actuator is available online and not too expensive, I need to know where the thing is to enable replacement. I’m assuming it’s inside relevant door but don’t want to remove card if unnecessary. Any advice welcome.

Go easy on me, first adventure into Land Rover ownership.
31-07-2018 08:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Lock actuator

Hi and welcome, Its a common issue, yes it's door card off.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
31-07-2018 10:03pm
Sarcastrix

Welcome to the forum, you might be able to pick a replacement up at breakers (or on eBay) if not speak to Dan @ Duckworths for a price with the forum discount. (Duckworth Parts forum: http://babyrr.com/forum/Forum-Duckworth-Parts )

How to remove the door card:
https://youtu.be/My4cYaeAuMQ

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2018 01:22pm by Sarcastrix.)
02-08-2018 01:21pm
Waggers

Just replaced faulty item myself, reasonably easily if a little tricky actually getting lock out of door once disconnected. Apparently there are 3 types of door lock available and being the lucky chap I am once removed found the new part to be wrong.
Mine has keyless entry so has an extra 4 pin plug at the top of the lock. However sourced one locally at£140 and fitted.

Should take approximately 1 hour to hour and half start to finish.
15-08-2018 04:24pm