Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Loan car during service
ant

Loan car during service

Mine is going in for its first service next week and I've booked a loan car from Stratstones.
In my wildest dreams, it's going to be a FFRR or a new RRS with 3 miles on the clock and a full tank of fuel.
In all likelyhood, it will be an elderly Freelander, last used by an untidy smoker who ran it on fumes until redturned to the dealer, who didn't have time to clean it. (That happened last time).

I will let you know.Crying

Also, I'll let you know how the service goes too. I hope they'll solve the lag issue on acceleration and improve my fuel consumption dramatically...... probably about the same chance as getting a FF or Sport loan car I guess!

ANTLaughing

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
19-09-2012 10:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Land Rover Techy

RE: Loan car during service

(19-09-2012 10:55pm)ant Wrote:  Mine is going in for its first service next week and I've booked a loan car from Stratstones.
In my wildest dreams, it's going to be a FFRR or a new RRS with 3 miles on the clock and a full tank of fuel.
In all likelyhood, it will be an elderly Freelander, last used by an untidy smoker who ran it on fumes until redturned to the dealer, who didn't have time to clean it. (That happened last time).

I will let you know.Crying

Also, I'll let you know how the service goes too. I hope they'll solve the lag issue on acceleration and improve my fuel consumption dramatically...... probably about the same chance as getting a FF or Sport loan car I guess!

ANTLaughing
Lag on acceleration, what engine do you have in your Evoque Petrol or Diesel to my knowledge there are no known concerns.

Also in terms of fuel economy there is very little that a Dealership can to do change this, as it all depends on driving style etc, many evoque owners say its below what was expected but you have to remeber the figures provided are averages and are not gospel so slight differentiations will be experienced

Ask me, I may just know the answer !!
19-09-2012 11:58pm
PhilSkill

Hi Ant

Think you hit it on the nail, An ageing Freelender is what i got when mine was in for warranty work last year, but then I don't get a loaner at all from my other car service, but that's also 35% of the LR price for a service.

Be interested to know how it goes, as mines coming up soon too. Hopefully there are some software updates for the entertainment systems e.g. slow camera etc, and engine control systems but i'm probably dreaming also... Wish it was clearer what was installed and what is available.

The only way to get the mpg into the 40's consistently is drive on flat roads and roll along using idle power only, at least with with the early models it seems... Hardly makes 49.6 mpg an average... more a dream.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
20-09-2012 07:49am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Don't hold your breath for a speed-up for the reversing cam - mine is, if anything even slower after the service!
Any as yours is a quite early Auto you should get a TCM reflash as part of the service - it certainly gets rid of any jerky gear changes, but don't hold out for significant economy improvements, 3-4mpg improvement in my book is not significant as too many things can influence mpg.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-09-2012 08:54am
Evo-king

I've been told I would have the use of a RR, but I've seen the dealers Ford courtesy car around so time will tell, whatever it's only for a day at the most.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
20-09-2012 10:47am
ant

(19-09-2012 11:58pm)Land Rover Techy Wrote:  Lag on acceleration, what engine do you have in your Evoque Petrol or Diesel to my knowledge there are no known concerns.

Also in terms of fuel economy there is very little that a Dealership can to do change this, as it all depends on driving style etc, many evoque owners say its below what was expected but you have to remeber the figures provided are averages and are not gospel so slight differentiations will be experienced
Thanks for your replies.
Engine is SD4 - autobox.
If there are no known concerns, then why are so many owners complaining about it on here? The owners certainly know about it. For me, the worst is rolling slowly to a roundabout, plenty of time to enter before other car comes round, roll onto roundabout whilst pressing throttle ever deeper towards floor, nothing happens for what seems like an eternity before engine suddenly realises that I want the car to move faster. It's not a case of the gearbox being in the wrong gear, the engine revs just do not respond to the position of the throttle pedal. Most disconcerting and could be dangerous.
I drive my cars very gently - I do not thrash them. The way I drive, I should get pretty good economy. I'm currently struggling to reach 28mpg. I'm seriously thinking of fitting one of those little boxes after this service if there's no improvement.
All in all I'm very pleased with the Evoque so far (and even 28mpg is twice what I got out of the DB9 and the RRS) Rolling Eyes
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2012 11:18am by ant.)
20-09-2012 10:59am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There is no requirement from LR that dealers offer a loaner so I don't expect anything these days. Local dealership who I sometimes use for servicing only offers loaners to you if you have purchased the car from them, otherwise you have to rent their courtesy car for the day. They do offer a free lift into town though if you want to get a bus/ train home.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-09-2012 11:01am
WB
WB

(19-09-2012 11:58pm)Land Rover Techy Wrote:  Lag on acceleration, what engine do you have in your Evoque Petrol or Diesel to my knowledge there are no known concerns.

Surely LR acknowledge this issue as the TCM update appears to be the fix for it?

On the subject of loan cars I have to say LPR have been very good at supplying decent loan cars - I've had a Jag XF and a Freelander 2 Sport.
20-09-2012 11:15am
Bodlyfunctions

I had a brand new FL2 Td4 with 200 miles on the clock from Hillendale LR a couple of months ago. My car is going in for its first service in a month or so and have been offered the choice of a loan car or a home collection and delivery.
Continued Great Northern England service from what I think are the best dealers up here. Long live Hillendale!!!
20-09-2012 11:01pm
The Valeter

I wouldn't have thaught it will be an elderly loan car as they replace them within the first year or even 6 months.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
20-09-2012 11:05pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply