Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Loadspace Stowage Compartment Options
Alex

Loadspace Stowage Compartment Options

Hello

I’m curious about what luggage compartment options are available for the boot/load space. I have never owned a RR before so perhaps some of my questions come as standard items to their vehicles.

Is there a reversible load floor matt (one side being rubber or plastic)?

Is there an option to protect and prevent scratching to the exterior rear load space paint area when loading items into the boot (some car manufacturers have part of the load matt that flips out over the rim when loading, with our Kuga we had to buy a customised add on).

If you don’t choose the temporary steel spare wheel assume you gain additional stowage space beneath the load floor area?

I noticed under the options (Comfort and Convenience) there is an option for ‘Loadspace Stowage Rails with Lashing Eyes’ – can anyone tell me what this is – perhaps this answers all main questions above?

Does anyone know if the tailgate is split or is it just a one door tailgate unit?

Lastly - I read in one review (if I find the link will post it) that the Evoque is designed to accept/stow two bikes standing upright with front wheels removed and obviously with seats down, to be stowed using specially designed bike stowage rails or holders?

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
07-04-2011 08:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

RE: Loadspace Stowage Compartment Options

Watch some videos, like this one:

It shows the boot around 1:02: just one part going upwards, and two rails in the floor which accomodate a barrier.

Here a good picture of the boot without stowage rails: http://www.flickr.com/photos/landroveruk...otostream/

No reversible mat, but it could be a dealer / aftermarket option.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2011 09:48am by vision*R.)
07-04-2011 09:43am
Alex

Thanks! It looks like there is no loadspace bumper protection either - I guess this would be something sourced again as an aftermarket option by a seperate dealer/supplier.

The plastic loadspace matt in our Kuga had been excellent especially on those random occasions taking maybe muddy items, stuff to the tip etc - just take it out and wash it when dirty. I would have thought RR would have included that as an option.

However not having a bumper load protection is annoying especially if I pay for the upgraded paint option.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
07-04-2011 11:02am
Blackseries

Also a lot of Estate / Hatchback cars have a pull out Dog Guard built into the loadbay cover cassette. It looks like the Evoque doesn't and so it looks like another accessory item to purchase for us.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
07-04-2011 11:07am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Alex I think I read somewhere that some models (Prestige and Dynamic?) get chrome effect sill kickplates and loadspace scuff plate as standard.
RR will doubtless have a host of accessories available before launch, just they are keeping them a bit close to their corporate chest at the moment!
On the other Martin Lewis Land/Range Rover forums there is a sponsor called DCC4x4 who supply what you are talking about for the other models, they also have an E-Bay shop. There is another company that sells some very nice (and some very awful!) aftermarket bits for the other models - Powerful.co.uk. - they also make some great "How-To- fit" videos that are posted up on You-Tube
(07-04-2011 11:07am)Blackseries Wrote:  Also a lot of Estate / Hatchback cars have a pull out Dog Guard built into the loadbay cover cassette. It looks like the Evoque doesn't and so it looks like another accessory item to purchase for us.

Land Rovers lesser models get a rugged powder coated steel dog-guard - you can see the Evoque version in one of the posts of the Firenze 5 door. They prefer steel ones over the roll up ones because they also double up as protectors for the passengers for when you go off-road and have loose items in the boot area. Only the FFRR gets an accessory roll up dog guard and it has to have special fittings in the roofliner to hold it up

If you look at the 3 photos in this thread http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Roof-Rails-and-Tow-Bar you will see the Evoque dog guard in place

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2011 11:17am by XFullFatTim.)
07-04-2011 11:10am
Urban Splash

(07-04-2011 11:10am)FullFatTim Wrote:  Alex I think I read somewhere that some models (Prestige and Dynamic?) get chrome effect sill kickplates and loadspace scuff plate as standard.
RR will doubtless have a host of accessories available before launch, just they are keeping them a bit close to their corporate chest at the moment!
On the other Martin Lewis Land/Range Rover forums there is a sponsor called DCC4x4 who supply what you are talking about for the other models, they also have an E-Bay shop. There is another company that sells some very nice (and some very awful!) aftermarket bits for the other models - Powerful.co.uk. - they also make some great "How-To- fit" videos that are posted up on You-Tube
(07-04-2011 11:07am)Blackseries Wrote:  Also a lot of Estate / Hatchback cars have a pull out Dog Guard built into the loadbay cover cassette. It looks like the Evoque doesn't and so it looks like another accessory item to purchase for us.

Land Rovers lesser models get a rugged powder coated steel dog-guard - you can see the Evoque version in one of the posts of the Firenze 5 door. They prefer steel ones over the roll up ones because they also double up as protectors for the passengers for when you go off-road and have loose items in the boot area. Only the FFRR gets an accessory roll up dog guard and it has to have special fittings in the roofliner to hold it up

If you look at the 3 photos in this thread http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Roof-Rails-and-Tow-Bar you will see the Evoque dog guard in place

I think it's important to remember there are no official accessories announced yet. I suspect closer to launch there will be loads of various items to choose from.

Link

The above photo shows some kind of cargo divider....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
07-04-2011 07:53pm
Alex

Thanks for the photos. Looks like the rear load space has been designed with the sill being part of the bumper so that would mean no scuffs to the paint work loading or unloading. In fact it looks quite flat with no lip making it easy to slide things in and out – for our SUV we had to get a sill protector as it was originally part of the painted body and had a lip.

Do you think the Pure comes in the same design as the photos in the attached link?

07-04-2011 08:25pm
Kermit

(07-04-2011 07:53pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Link

The above photo shows some kind of cargo divider....

And toe bar fitting.
(07-04-2011 08:25pm)Alex Wrote:  Do you think the Pure comes in the same design as the photos in the attached link?

What do you mean by same design? External differences between models are trim (grill, side vents, badges) and painted bits (bumper, sills).
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2011 07:38am by Kermit.)
08-04-2011 07:34am
Alex

Meant to say Tailgate finish, but seen in the RR price guide/description that there is a difference in the tailgate finish being in chrome on Dynamic and Prestige.

08-04-2011 08:12am
Kermit

Dark Atlas is the exterior trim colour on the Pure; Atlas on the Prestige; and Santorini Black on the Dynamic.
08-04-2011 11:31am