Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Live TV in your Evoque?
EvoqueNorCal

Live TV in your Evoque?

Hold the phone! I just saw this photo. Do you UK guys have LIVE TV in your Evoque??? Why the heck do we not have this? How does the signal get into the car? Is it just a TV tuner that picks up the channels from the air or is this a digital wireless connection via the Internet?

[Image: Evoque4.jpg]
25-06-2012 06:12am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coolbanana

RE: Live TV in your Evoque?

Yep, TV is an option - the Lux pack here includes it. Just a TV Tuner really, picks up the signal via a built in receiver - it works well enough when the car is stationary but must admit that I've not had much success with it working flawlessly on the move. Comes in handy in traffic queues or waiting for kids to hurry up after school etc.

The Dual View feature is very good too - the driver see's the satnav etc while the passenger watches TV on the same screen.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
(This post was last modified: 25-06-2012 08:35am by Coolbanana.)
25-06-2012 08:29am
EvoqueNorCal

(25-06-2012 08:29am)Coolbanana Wrote:  Yep, TV is an option - the Lux pack here includes it. Just a TV Tuner really, picks up the signal via a built in receiver - it works well enough when the car is stationary but must admit that I've not had much success with it working flawlessly on the move. Comes in handy in traffic queues or waiting for kids to hurry up after school etc.

The Dual View feature is very good too - the driver see's the satnav etc while the passenger watches TV on the same screen.

That is awesome. Why the heck don't we have this in the States? Probably some regulation blocking it just as U.S. cars won't let us watch DVDs if the vehicle is in motion, I'm assuming?

Wish we at least got 4G internet or something or a slot where we could put in a SIM card to give the 8" display access to the Internet and we could surf the web. It's 2012 for crying out loud!
25-06-2012 09:03am
Coolbanana

(25-06-2012 09:03am)EvoqueNorCal Wrote:  That is awesome. Why the heck don't we have this in the States? Probably some regulation blocking it just as U.S. cars won't let us watch DVDs if the vehicle is in motion, I'm assuming?

Wish we at least got 4G internet or something or a slot where we could put in a SIM card to give the 8" display access to the Internet and we could surf the web. It's 2012 for crying out loud!

It is odd - the Dual View feature gets over the driver watching TV thing as once the car is moving above 5mph or so, the driver can't see the TV anymore. The passenger however, can.

I'd like internet access too - BMW has it if I remember correctly.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
25-06-2012 09:13am
EvoqueNorCal

(25-06-2012 09:13am)Coolbanana Wrote:  It is odd - the Dual View feature gets over the driver watching TV thing as once the car is moving above 5mph or so, the driver can't see the TV anymore. The passenger however, can.

I'd like internet access too - BMW has it if I remember correctly.

Interesting. How does the dual view work? How could the passenger see it but not the driver? Does the screen pop out and move or something?
25-06-2012 11:18am
Coolbanana

(25-06-2012 11:18am)EvoqueNorCal Wrote:  Interesting. How does the dual view work? How could the passenger see it but not the driver? Does the screen pop out and move or something?

Land Rover Magic! Laughing

Here's a video of it in action:

25-06-2012 11:47am
EvoqueNorCal

(25-06-2012 11:47am)Coolbanana Wrote:  Land Rover Magic! Laughing

Here's a video of it in action:

Holy sh*t! I'm a tech pundit living in Silicon Valley (the tech heart of the world) and I've never seen anything like that! How does they do that? That's a pretty incredible trick! What's with the double beeps? Does that have anything to do with the switch? Is it active on both screens where the driver sees the navi while the passenger watches TV at the same time as the video would lead me to believe or does it just click over to the passenger and the driver sees a blank screen -- is that what the beep beep is doing... transferring it over? Or are both screens active?
25-06-2012 11:53am
Coolbanana

Both screens active - no beeping on mine. The driver always see's the satnav or whatever mode he wishes while the passenger has uninterrupted TV and can change channels etc.

25-06-2012 11:59am
EvoqueNorCal

(25-06-2012 11:59am)Coolbanana Wrote:  Both screens active - no beeping on mine. The driver always see's the satnav or whatever mode he wishes while the passenger has uninterrupted TV and can change channels etc.

How does this work? Any more info on the technology behind it? I'm intrigued!
25-06-2012 01:41pm
paulcon

It's all to do with the direction of the pixels in the LCD screen but perhaps more importantly I just saw Mick McCarthy actually smile on that video - Will wonders never cease?! Shocked
25-06-2012 01:46pm