Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket
same2you

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

My 256GB OCZ SSD works like a charm. I'm only using it to stream videos to the rear seat entertainment for the kids... about 75 movies on it right now, about 40GB free space, and no issues with startup or during use. Still hate the fact that the RSE can only access the USB port at the back rather than the one inside of the armrest.

2 important notes... format it as FAT32, and (because of 32 bit addressing) each file must be less than 4GB.

I have a mixture of DivX and XVid files, and there is no real difference in the quality.

Cheers!
03-01-2013 06:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tripletreiber

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

(19-12-2012 10:52pm)Teetree Wrote:  Sorry if this has already been discussed but I've got three folders on my 8gb USB stick and when I press "shuffle" on the screen to change to "shuffle all" when I press >> on the steering wheel or screen nothing happens! Normally when it's on "shuffle folder" and I press >> it forwards on to the next random song in that particular folder only. I expect when in "shuffle all" that >> would forward to a random song in ANY FOLDER but doesn't! Is this normal? Anyone else experience this?

same as mine... most times after the 4th ot 5th song at shuffle all it doesn´t shuffle anymore and play the same song all the time... grrrrEvil

[Image: 536437_41.png] Shocked
03-01-2013 08:49pm
cjfp

Just tried my USB stick in new freelander with meridian stereo and it still takes about a minute before playing - therefore that's either how it is with so much data or the stick, and not the evoque stereo at fault.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
02-03-2013 06:08pm
k111kar

My 64gb stick worked fine when I reformatted to FAT32. However, I found a limitation : although there is plenty of space on the stick for my music (about 1,100 CD's ripped at 128), I found that some of the folders showed no contents. After a lot of experimentation I've come to the conclusion that there is a limit to the number of folders the unit can read, this appears to be 1,006. As I have my music organised by Artist and then Album, this produced too many folders. However I found that there doesn't appear to be a limit on the number of tracks inside a folder. I have sorted this (temporarily) by combining tracks from double albums (one, a triple, has over 70 tracks). This isn't ideal but at least now I can see all of my music.

Does anyone else have the same problem, and do you have a better solution? I still want to be able to search by Artist then Album within Artist.
(This post was last modified: 27-03-2013 05:07pm by k111kar.)
27-03-2013 05:06pm
bmitch

I seem to have a problem with my ScanDisk Cruzer Edge USB 8gb as it shows the songs on my screen but does not play any? Any advice out there? Thanks

Pure SD4 Auto, fogs, panoramic roof, xenon's, folding mirrors, metallic, Style 6 wheels
Paid Deposit - 30-12-11
Out of Pool:28-2-12
Build date:20-5-12
Delivery: 11-6-12
25-05-2013 12:31pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
barryww

Hi Just bought a Integral Neon 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive from Amazon and works fine for music and video.
29-10-2013 10:22pm
cjfp

(29-10-2013 10:22pm)barryww Wrote:  Hi Just bought a Integral Neon 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive from Amazon and works fine for music and video.

Please confirm how much data is on the stick and how long before it starts playing once inserted.
Thx

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
29-10-2013 10:39pm
item

Hi,
I changer my USB stick 64gb to a SSD Samsung 840 EVO 120gb with a adapter sata2usb (USB is Y one power, one data)

About 70gb of music and song : realy fast ! No need to put second USB for power.
I find my USB stick fast -10secondes, but the ssd is -7secondes when auto power on.
when change from music to video, or one film to another, one song to another.. is too fast !

In my computer (iMac) these ssd have only 90mA of power consomption.

Don't hesitate to buy this product, maybe more capacity but i can't confirm Max capacity of ssd avaible for meridian.

Regards

TD4 Auto Dynamics Fuji White. (May 2012) -> 07/2012
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2014 12:04am by item.)
08-01-2014 12:02am
MarkA_

List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB ...

This sounds like an interesting idea. How are you "mounting" the SSD?

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
08-01-2014 08:40am
item

(08-01-2014 08:40am)MarkA_ Wrote:  This sounds like an interesting idea. How are you "mounting" the SSD?

Hi,
Out of the box, without external case, just with sata2usb3 câble (from amazon)
And today, in experiment at home, not still placed in car, just reçeived all product today :
A external usb3 wifi 2.5 case with batterie (icy box wifi) 55€
Wifi in this case can act as access point and client to another, in my 3G iPhone sharing.
Ipad conect to icybox and can view mp3 or avi and with sharing of 3G, ipad can go to internet.

Actual Issue :
Is icy box is directly connected in USB, it act as normal USB case and wifi is stopped, we need to choose between 2.
Some avi (divx) the sound is not present, i think when sound is AC3
No still understand the icy box ipad app, i view no files, i use oplayer or smb Explorer and vlc for ipad.

I need stil research

Regards

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

TD4 Auto Dynamics Fuji White. (May 2012) -> 07/2012
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 12:05am by item.)
09-01-2014 11:54pm