Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket
cjfp

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

(24-07-2012 11:40pm)1stRangie Wrote:  I have used a 32GB Integral Fusion flash drive, purchased from eBay for the grand sum of £14.99 inclusive of P&P. The drive is as small as the SanDisk Fit (so is tiny) and works brilliantly.

When you start the car and immediately go to use music on your USB stick, how long does it take finish 'connecting device' ? Mine (32gb sandisk cruzer) can sometimes take about 1.5 to 2 minutes - is this the same for all?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
25-07-2012 07:30am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

Mine is pretty instantaneous.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
25-07-2012 11:12am
cjfp

Thx. How much music do you have on it? Mine is full.
I suppose I could experiment with one album on the 32gb stick.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 25-07-2012 12:52pm by cjfp.)
25-07-2012 12:51pm
PhilSkill

H cjfp, I found it was to do with how many Albums/songs/Videos were on the device more than the size of the device, like it was cataloging the files on startup, but maybe we have older software for the Entertainment system, I have 4 "golden" 4Gb sticks that work perfectly anything bigger generally stops mid song after a while and requires a reset.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-07-2012 02:16pm
Evo-king

(25-07-2012 12:51pm)cjfp Wrote:  Thx. How much music do you have on it? Mine is full.
I suppose I could experiment with one album on the 32gb stick.

There's about 15 albums and a couple of single tracks, not checked the size but probably no more than 4gb.

Works well + I now know how to shuffle all tracks.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
25-07-2012 09:35pm
tron515

Hi,
new to the forum, found this place trying to figure out what is wrong with my HDD.

I'm using a Hitatchi 500GB it plays the file perfectly in WMA & MP3, I can browse the file structurer, but only shows half the content.

I have tried reformatting in FAT32 and ensuring all files are 128Kb. No change, are their any sort of storage limit to the music you can have etc???

Tron515, if it isn't technical it might not happen.

Pure SD4 Automatic, 4WD, Tech Pack, Indus Silver, Ebony Grained Leather.
19-08-2012 10:02pm
PhilSkill

Hi Tron, how much of the 500Gb have you got used, and how many files does that make up in total, be good to know if we do have a limit on the number/size as this is the first i've heard of it here. (But since mine wont work above a 4Gb stick I'm never likely to find this limit !)

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
20-08-2012 07:41am
tron515

Hi,
The size of the folder I used is 8.61GB on disk, I can definitely confirm that Win7 exFAT format does not work and if you are using storage over the 32GB size you need to dl special sofware for win to format over 32GB.

Also moving the HDD to the ipod usb did not make a difference to the files I could see. If you use an iPod I guess do you need to put it into the iPod socket for the shuffle and meta data???

I am about to pop my 75GB portable HDD into the car with the same size mp3 folder of music, I will let you know how I get on.

20-08-2012 11:29am
tron515

OK,

Still no difference to the size of the drive, still the same amount of tracks available (about 1/2) now to try them as wma.

Total numer of files would be 2,519.

20-08-2012 06:17pm
cjfp

My 32gb is holding lots more files than that and all ok.

Try running philskills fat sorter across it (it will put all the files / folders) into alpha.

20-08-2012 07:42pm