Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket
smayo

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

Straydox,

It's USB 2.0.

Found this in the manual:

USB VIDEO
The vehicle system will play video files stored
on USB 2.0 devices recorded in MPEG4 DivX 3,
4, 5, 5.2, 6.0 or MPEG4 XVid only

Couldn't find any other reference, but if it uses 2.0 for video then it can supply the needed power for all uses.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 08:44am by smayo.)
06-05-2012 08:43am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
crimson_flames

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

Hi Smayo,

I've got a dynamic with the standard 380w meridian sound and no nav. Would i be able to watch video from usb?
08-05-2012 06:27am
3V0QU3

List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

(13-04-2012 04:29pm)SINGHY Wrote:  Can anyone advise what if any advantage there is of using a USB stick over an Iphone, although the iphone works fine and streams the music via bluetooth the system doesn't allow you to see the albums and playlists, does a USB stick let you browse and see the tracks better?

Using you iPhone over Bluetooth is not as good quality as plugging it in or using a USB stick, but using a USB stick as someone else pointed out means you can't browse by artist, title or genre, just browse folder. I use a USB stick most of the time for convenience but on lo get journeys plug my phone in, charges the phone as well.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige Lux + AD + Black Roof Lining + Heated Steering Wheel
Arrived 27/03/12
Very Happy
08-05-2012 02:53pm
smayo

(08-05-2012 06:27am)crimson_flames Wrote:  Hi Smayo,

I've got a dynamic with the standard 380w meridian sound and no nav. Would i be able to watch video from usb?

Sorry, I don't know. It might, but without the dual screen it would only work while stationary anyway.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
08-05-2012 08:08pm
PhilSkill

Yes DivX video from usb when stationary until it turns off after 10 mins.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-05-2012 10:58pm
Straydox

OK, only two days in but USB sound working perfectly:

Two sources tested - a 32Gb SD card (came with USB adaptor) 32Gb SD card and reader link

And a 64Gb SSD OCZ Agility 3 - in a USB caddy with a double USB power lead OCZ Agility3 SSD link

Long term and if it remains reliable then the SSD will be the source because I'll be ripping music DVDs to DivX.

Both the card and the SSD are fomatted as FAT32 and the music is 192Kbps MP3 ripped using Windows Media player - and some DVD audio rips (IMTOO DVD Audio ripper) also at 192Kbps.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
16-05-2012 05:56pm
kkzt190

SanDisk Cruzer Fit 16GB USB Flash Drive

The SanDisk Cruzer Fit 16GB works a real treat - bought some from Amazon as prevfiously recommended - really swift delivery and a perfect fit for the USB connector, taking up virtually no space.

Firenze SD4 Dynamic (with AD) ordered Oct 2011, arrived Apr 2012
20-05-2012 07:27pm
Straydox

(16-05-2012 05:56pm)Straydox Wrote:  OK, only two days in but USB sound working perfectly:

Two sources tested - a 32Gb SD card (came with USB adaptor) 32Gb SD card and reader link

And a 64Gb SSD OCZ Agility 3 - in a USB caddy with a double USB power lead OCZ Agility3 SSD link

Long term and if it remains reliable then the SSD will be the source because I'll be ripping music DVDs to DivX.

Both the card and the SSD are fomatted as FAT32 and the music is 192Kbps MP3 ripped using Windows Media player - and some DVD audio rips (IMTOO DVD Audio ripper) also at 192Kbps.

My 60GB SSD is still working perfectly - no hangups, though I do note that it seems to take a minute or so to resume playback after an engine restart, I'm guessing that the system re-indexes all folders each time and hence the delay - the disk is about half full right now. Some 30GB of MP3s and a couple of DivX files.

I am using one of these cables to provide dual power inputs to the disk Startech dual USB to Mini USB cable link

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
20-05-2012 09:57pm
JoBro

Re: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

I got myself a Sandisk 32gb Fit drive for about $25 delivered on ebay and it works perfectly, no delays or slowdowns, and the only issue is trying to remove it as its so small.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Range Rover Evoque SD4 5 Door Dynamic Manual - Fuji White

Tech Pack, 20' Alloy Style 6, Pano Roof, 825w Meridian System, Adaptive Dynamics, Cold Climate Pack, Adaptive Lights, Automatic High Beam Assist, HomeLink, Park Assist, TPMS, Surround Camera, TV, Blind Spot Monitoring, Thinkware F770 Dashcam
23-05-2012 02:42am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Morgs

Got a verbatim 16gb mini memory stick from Tesco at £11. Great especially because its so tiny at half the width and length of other memory sticks.
25-05-2012 08:52am