Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket
PhilSkill

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

See Here

FatSorter

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
20-08-2012 08:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

Thx, I missed the most important thing !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
20-08-2012 09:05pm
tron515

Have got the link to phillskills fatsorter.

Tron515, if it isn't technical it might not happen.

Pure SD4 Automatic, 4WD, Tech Pack, Indus Silver, Ebony Grained Leather.
22-08-2012 06:22am
tron515

Ok so it did not make a difference having them in either wma or mp3, which had me scratching my head, as the wife remembers it originally having them all on, and since I only swapped the usb cable for a very short one which was putting too much strain on the cable as it was too short so put the original one back in and I normallised the volume level on all the music and ensured it was 128Kb.

So now to try FATSorter and see if that works....
Well tried FATSorter and the only thing it changed is when I scroll to the end it only shows Klaxons instead of Katey Perry, that 1,063 files out of 2,475, that's 43% that's 3.73GB out of 8.68GB. But I lime the missus could swear we saw them all on there before.

Time to see if restoring the music to what it was, or is there a limit to the number of files it can shuffle.

(This post was last modified: 22-08-2012 12:33pm by tron515.)
22-08-2012 12:05pm
tron515

Put the original wma music from a backup on the HDD, still the same quantity of music and not is not listing all the music on the HDD.

Is this a fault with my Evoque or is there maximum to the number of music tracks it can see?

If LR can provide any more info.

23-08-2012 08:49am
PhilSkill

Hi tron, i'm following with interest. You're the first here to have this problem to my knowledge, I would certainly turn off shuffle while diagnosing, but don't think this should affect the browse...

Firstly is the list of directories and files you can see consistent over a power down and up a few times?

If you delete one (or a few) of the directories/Albums that are always coming up, and then try again do others start to appear?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
23-08-2012 08:57am
cjfp

Philskil - i initially had this issue with my 16gb stick but I reformatted, run your prog and all was well.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
23-08-2012 05:00pm
PhilSkill

Thanks cjfp I think tron had tried reformatting, I'm going to try to reformat my 32Gb San Disk Stick that always locks up, I can't imagine why it would make a difference but nothing to lose.

23-08-2012 10:13pm
PhilSkill

Did a Full low level format FAT32, took 4 hours! Maybe that'll do the trick, if I get a chance to try over the weekend

24-08-2012 10:58pm
tron515

Philskill,
There is only one folder, all the music in the "Artist-track.mp3" type file name, and no matter what I do it will only show a certain amount of music, shuffle does not make a difference. Always the artists from A to K, the file numbers and data I gave earlier.

Even with the music in it original wma format it still the same, only about 40odd% of the files showing up.

Has anyone asked LR for specs on the music system etc is it a file limit or not.

25-08-2012 07:49am