Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket
Bessiebella

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

I have a SanDisk Cruzer Fit 32GB that plays well until I change to the radio or don't have any music on then if I try & swap back to USB it can't find memory stick & keeps asking to connect device, if I turn power off & back on it plays . Strange I mention it when I Speak to the dealer this week.
13-11-2012 08:27am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eddkawasaki

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

Bessiebella, I have exactly the same stick and have no problems. I did have a strange issue at first where if I was playing music from the USB then tried to change to video from the USB I had to change my music to dvd/cd first then I could select the USB in my video. This seems to have been rectified when they fixed the TV on the car.

My cruzer fit 32Gb has about 6Gb of music and videos on it and is playing music by the time I have fastened my seatbelt and pulled off the drive.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
13-11-2012 08:45am
autodidact

As said, I've been using my 32GB Cruzer without issues. But I recently tried another USB stick (unknown size and brand, brought by my passenger) where a lot of the files triggered error messages about that file/folder couldn't be found — something like that. Eventually it stopped playing and only complained or just didn't output anything. Not even songs we previously had listened to.

Then I decided to reinsert my Cruzer and to my dismay it wouldn't play either — nothing. Song titles where listed but nothing could be heard. I jacked it out and went to a meeting and luckily it behaved when we came back and reinserted it again.

The first incident led me to believe that some files where somewhat "corrupt" to the system, perhaps with to high a bit rate, tag/meta-data or something ...
13-11-2012 08:03pm
MarkLondon

Hi. Does anyone have a recommendation for a 64GB USB stick that they know works? My plan is to transfer the files directly from Windows Media Player, using the existing folder trees.... Well that's what I hope to do anyway!

Mark

Arrived Jan 2013 from Hadley Green Arrow Prestige SD4 Manual, Fuji White, Pan Roof, Cirrus/Lunar, Aluminium, Ivory Headliner, A/D, Privacy, Lux Pack, Xenons etc
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2012 04:33pm by MarkLondon.)
08-12-2012 04:33pm
PhilSkill

Since my 2 * 32gb don't work but 3 * 4gb do for a strange reason that seems unique to me, im now trying this...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-12-2012 08:55pm
Evo-king

I have a MyMemory32gb stick, that works really well and has temporarily been in use as a video storeage device.

So I'm going to order a 64gb version, same spec and read/write speeds, so don't envisage any problems with that one, it's on order at the moment.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
08-12-2012 10:51pm
MarkLondon

(08-12-2012 10:51pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I have a MyMemory32gb stick, that works really well and has temporarily been in use as a video storeage device.

So I'm going to order a 64gb version, same spec and read/write speeds, so don't envisage any problems with that one, it's on order at the moment.

I've just looked at that

Great for the price, so i'll get one anyway.

Thanks, Mark

Arrived Jan 2013 from Hadley Green Arrow Prestige SD4 Manual, Fuji White, Pan Roof, Cirrus/Lunar, Aluminium, Ivory Headliner, A/D, Privacy, Lux Pack, Xenons etc
09-12-2012 12:21pm
goldenboi79

I am using the Lexar Echo 16GB flash stick and it works perfectly. Fast and reliable. It is formatted FAT32 by default, and works great for playing back music videos in Becks (my BabyRR). Add bonus is that it is tiny, so it takes up very little room in that already small centre console.

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
09-12-2012 09:58pm
PhilSkill

(08-12-2012 08:55pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Since my 2 * 32gb don't work but 3 * 4gb do for a strange reason that seems unique to me, im now trying this...

And a week of no lockups, will be loading it up now with some more music...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-12-2012 10:24pm
Teetree

List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I've got three folders on my 8gb USB stick and when I press "shuffle" on the screen to change to "shuffle all" when I press >> on the steering wheel or screen nothing happens! Normally when it's on "shuffle folder" and I press >> it forwards on to the next random song in that particular folder only. I expect when in "shuffle all" that >> would forward to a random song in ANY FOLDER but doesn't! Is this normal? Anyone else experience this?

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
(This post was last modified: 19-12-2012 10:56pm by Teetree.)
19-12-2012 10:52pm