Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

Please post which brands of memory stick, portable hard-drives and micro drives you find work or don't work and I or one of the other mods will edit them into a single post list

Will work:
Evoque branded 4Gb memory stick from Land Rover dealers (works for some and not others!)
SanDisk Cruzer Fit 16GB USB Flash Drive
SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB

Wont Work or not recommended
SanDisk Cruzer Blade 32GB (not recommended - see post below by Phillskill)
Evoque branded 4Gb memory stick from Land Rover dealers (for some)

BTW You guys will have to tell me because I don't use them in the car................................... I'm a dedicated Radio 4 and Radio 3 listener and don't need any other entertainment in the car, although I can, and sometimes do, link up my iPhone to listen to audio books when the repeats on R4 come round for the 3rd or 4th time and the music on R3 is just a bit too high brow for my tastes

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-04-2012 08:32pm by XFullFatTim.)
06-04-2012 04:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pureevoque

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

Does work - well ;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005F...e=&seller=

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
06-04-2012 05:31pm
Donny Dog

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket

SanDisk Cruzer Blade - works well, and you get 16 GB for about £7.

Edit: Just looked at the Amazon link above which has a similar name - the Cruzer Blade is different, and somewhat cheaper, but I don't know what technical differences there may be. (It is also tiny, the smallest flash drive I've ever seen).
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2012 09:25pm by Donny Dog.)
06-04-2012 09:22pm
PhilSkill

(06-04-2012 09:22pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  SanDisk Cruzer Blade - works well, and you get 16 GB for about £7.

Edit: Just looked at the Amazon link above which has a similar name - the Cruzer Blade is different, and somewhat cheaper, but I don't know what technical differences there may be. (It is also tiny, the smallest flash drive I've ever seen).

My 32gb SanDisk Cruzer Blade barely plays anything before saying Connect device. Pic of it on another thread in this section.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-04-2012 11:00pm
integsci

found these online , look the part ...
http://cpc.farnell.com/click-car/660189/...=cs2248101

new here myself , so hi everyone .
13-04-2012 04:08pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Welcome to the forum Integsci, I have one of those I haven't yet tried it in the USB port, it is a little big and I doubt it would fit without folding the car over so you can close the cubby box lid

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-04-2012 04:25pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-04-2012 04:24pm
SINGHY

Can anyone advise what if any advantage there is of using a USB stick over an Iphone, although the iphone works fine and streams the music via bluetooth the system doesn't allow you to see the albums and playlists, does a USB stick let you browse and see the tracks better?

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
13-04-2012 04:29pm
cjfp

about £450 !

You can browse a USB stick but it is not the best - hopefully LR will sort this via a software update.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-04-2012 04:36pm
integsci

(13-04-2012 04:24pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Welcome to the forum Integsci, I have one of those I haven't yet tried it in the USB port, it is a little big and I doubt it would fit without folding the car over so you can close the cubby box lid

thanks tim . havent got my evoque yet so not sure about the fit . it might not even work that well which would be ironic .

roll on september so i can find out .
13-04-2012 05:59pm
PhilSkill

(13-04-2012 04:29pm)SINGHY Wrote:  Can anyone advise what if any advantage there is of using a USB stick over an Iphone, although the iphone works fine and streams the music via bluetooth the system doesn't allow you to see the albums and playlists, does a USB stick let you browse and see the tracks better?

Hi Singhy

On a USB stick you browse the folder structure you create on the stick down to track level. So you can create Genre's, Artists, Albums as folders which is how I do it.

There is one annoying thing, to get folders/albums in alphabetical order you have to run a program over the Disk/Stick to alphabeticize it after any change to the content.

See http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Alphabeti...=fatsorter

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-04-2012 08:11pm