Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lights high, keep getting flashed.
insiorc

RE: Lights high, keep getting flashed.

(13-12-2018 10:50am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  If you don’t want to wait until service time and don’t fancy doing the job yourself there are KwikFit and Halfrauds service centres who will do the job for a lot less than an LR dealership. KF and Halfrauds in my local town are “no appointment needed” at this time of year but even a local garage will be able to adjust them for you.

Thanks Tim

The problem is with living in Orkney, we have the usual Ford, Vauxhall etc. dealerships but none of the chains like KwikFit or the like. I'm completely fed up going to independent 'back street' types as it involves a full wipe down with a babywipe or you end up getting covered in grease on hands, clothes etc. and the carpets never get the grease out - they don't seem to use seat or floor covers, and it seems to be fashionable to wear the dirtiest of coveralls with oil and filth on the garage floor ready to wipe on your car carpet. All fine with my Defender but I now refuse putting my Sport or wife's Evoque near them. I'm sure there are some caring garages here but I'd rather try some adjustments myself to tide things by until May when the Evoque will be in Inverness (or wherever) for the service. Of course there may be a breakdown or something, but if I can I shall use LR Assistance or even trailer it down myself.
13-12-2018 08:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Lights high, keep getting flashed.

I didn’t link you to the RRSport.co.uk member but now you mention Orkney and your RRS ......... so I now understand the problems and your lack of back up

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2018 10:41pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-12-2018 10:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply