Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Leather seat base replacement
Ghotson

Leather seat base replacement

Hope someone can help… I have had a baggy driver’s leather seat base since near new (~5,000kms). Logged the issue with my dealer – and they committed to rectifying it – but very strongly recommended it be replaced toward the end of the warranty period rather than straight away. I’m now thinking agreeing to this was a big mistake.

I’ve picked my 'fixed' car up today – and the photos below show what came back……..

[Image: fa97a503ebd950902c7d7a60938373c0.jpg]

[Image: cebf29b76acd81fcac48163a658df32d.jpg]

[Image: 968c75430671183a47d311167443faf5.jpg]

It’s awful. Heaps worse than the baggy leather they were to fix, doesn’t match the rest of the car – and the stitching is woeful, like some backyard motor trimmer.

Now – my question: My dealer is saying that I need to ‘wear it in’ over 3-4 weeks and it will all come good. Has anyone else had this experience? I don’t believe it for a minute – but hopefully someone here can allay my concern and tell me I’m wrong?!

Also – they refused to refit the old leather seat base – saying it has been ‘tagged to return to Landrover’ and it wouldn’t be kept under any circumstances.

It shouldn’t matter, but these are Plus pack seats – a hugely expensive option. The replacement leather has literally taken months to be delivered to Australia (on order since July last year!!)..

(Oh - and just to top the day – they heavily scratched the leather on the door pull (that’s twice now) and the plastic on the door card near the speaker, along with the seat shell back being incorrectly refitted).

Appreciate any feedback from others. Thanks in advance.

MY13 SD4 Dynamic | 5dr | Auto | Firenze Red | Black contrast pano roof | 20” Style 5 wheels | Plus Pack (Velocity) | Adaptive Dynamics | Tech Pack | Convenience Pack | Sat nav | 825w Meridian | Gloss strata trim | Privacy glass | A/V pack with dual view
21-02-2017 01:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

RE: Leather seat base replacement

That is truly terrible. Was the upholsterer drunk, blind or both? I would not accept that and I'd want the whole car retrimmed somewhere different so that all the seats match.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
21-02-2017 02:44pm
sasdiscos

That does look bad, i would be worried as well, however can't give any advice.

Hope you get it sorted, that is the kind of thing that would keep me up at night.

Steve
22-02-2017 06:03pm
andyson3

Sorry but I must say that it looks bad. Hope your problem will be fixed.
23-02-2017 01:42pm
carcamusa

Look at this Spanish forum link

http://www.foroevoque.com/t4972-soluciio...ento#71735

Regards
28-02-2017 01:27am