Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Leather Cleaner
Rootsboy

Leather Cleaner

I got given some of the range rover stuff when I picked up my car. I think it just a cleaner and not a protector. Never bothered using it as I wanted a protector more.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
23-03-2012 10:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

RE: Leather Cleaner

(23-03-2012 10:08pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Cheers will do. I also notice that LR do their own which is a LeatherMaster product or something like that for £15

The likelyhood is that a LR product or any other manufacturer branded valeting product is a renamed mainstream product.
BMW have their own Paint & Fabric Protection (can't remember the name) but it is Diamondbrite or was when I last saw a batch of it!
I saw another product recently a customer showed me, he had a large pack given to him for his new car but it was unbranded though when I looked at it it was Supagaurd!

What did you find wrong with the Autoglym Leather stuff? Was it their Leather Cleaner or Leather Conditioner?
I have used both & whilst the leather feed is a little glossy unless you buff after they both work well though the leather cleaner is more for light marks not heavy soiling.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 23-03-2012 11:47pm by The Valeter.)
23-03-2012 11:45pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Samouraï

I use the Swissvax leather cleaner and Swissvax leather milk.
I like when the leather stay matte too.
24-03-2012 10:17am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Land Rover own brand car shampoo and polishes etc used to all be re-branded Meguiar's, they were cheaper to buy from my LR dealer than the Meguiar's was from Halfords as I got a 17.5% discount at the LR dealers!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-03-2012 11:51am by XFullFatTim.)
24-03-2012 11:49am
THEMACS

(23-03-2012 11:45pm)The Valeter Wrote:  The likelyhood is that a LR product or any other manufacturer branded valeting product is a renamed mainstream product.
BMW have their own Paint & Fabric Protection (can't remember the name) but it is Diamondbrite or was when I last saw a batch of it!
I saw another product recently a customer showed me, he had a large pack given to him for his new car but it was unbranded though when I looked at it it was Supagaurd!

What did you find wrong with the Autoglym Leather stuff? Was it their Leather Cleaner or Leather Conditioner?
I have used both & whilst the leather feed is a little glossy unless you buff after they both work well though the leather cleaner is more for light marks not heavy soiling.

I found that the Autoglym left it glossy, the best one I have found so far to leave matt is a BMW foam cleaner. Te detail for the LR one is on the leaflet attached to the rear seat

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
24-03-2012 09:36pm
SimonS

I've been using the gliptone products for the last 5 years. They seem very good. I've not used them on the Evoque yet but they have been used on our Freelander2, two BMW's and a Volvo S60.
26-04-2012 03:09pm
zambiaman

Out of curiosity does anyone use any sort of aromas for the car? I personally think the smell of natural car leather is one of a kind!

Arrow SD4 5dr Dynamic
Adaptive Dynamics, Pano roof, 20" style 6, blind spot, power tailgate
Cyprus based
01-05-2012 05:33pm
doug

(01-05-2012 05:33pm)zambiaman Wrote:  Out of curiosity does anyone use any sort of aromas for the car? I personally think the smell of natural car leather is one of a kind!

The best ones I have found are by "Chemical Guys", a few spays on a car mat & the the smell lasts for days.
They also acts a deodoriser. If your after a leather smell, try there New Car Smell. Smells nothing like a new car but all of these air fresheners which claim to be new car smell, use a leather fragrance so this one isn't over the top.
The best one I use from them is called "Stripper Cent", don't be put of by the name Wink

Gliptone liquid leather also leaves a nice leather smell, but leaves a gloss finish behind which most people dont wont.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
02-05-2012 04:36pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Have been using Liquid Leather and Gliptone on the last 2 cars, and apply it about every 3 months

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-05-2012 09:34am
Griff449

I've always used Polished Bliss leather cleaner from their range and it's always worked for me Smile

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
03-05-2012 09:36am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply