Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Leather Cleaner
THEMACS

RE: Leather Cleaner

Well today I cleaned the interior for the first time and used a damp microfiber cloth to clean the seats after I vacuumed them and used a dry one to dry them off then I give the seats a light spray with Gtechniq L1 and used a dry cloth to rub it in. I must say the results are Fantastic. I was a bit wary of using the L1 as I didn't want a glossy or sticky finish, but it has left them with a great matt finish. I didnt use too much of the L1 just a light spray not sure how much you should use.

Anyway I can recommend that method and productVery Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
17-06-2012 09:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kimv

(17-06-2012 09:21pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Well today I cleaned the interior for the first time and used a damp microfiber cloth to clean the seats after I vacuumed them and used a dry one to dry them off then I give the seats a light spray with Gtechniq L1 and used a dry cloth to rub it in. I must say the results are Fantastic. I was a bit wary of using the L1 as I didn't want a glossy or sticky finish, but it has left them with a great matt finish. I didnt use too much of the L1 just a light spray not sure how much you should use.

Anyway I can recommend that method and productVery Happy

+1
(01-05-2012 05:33pm)zambiaman Wrote:  Out of curiosity does anyone use any sort of aromas for the car? I personally think the smell of natural car leather is one of a kind!

I bought the Chemical Guys New Car Scent. Smells almost the same as a new car.. I say "almost" because it smells a bit sharper.

Anyway, on the bottle it says that 1 spray is enough and should last for weeks. How many of it do you guys use? 1 squeeze?

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
(This post was last modified: 18-06-2012 09:30am by Kimv.)
18-06-2012 09:28am
WB
WB

(18-06-2012 09:28am)Kimv Wrote:  +1

I bought the Chemical Guys New Car Scent. Smells almost the same as a new car.. I say "almost" because it smells a bit sharper.

Anyway, on the bottle it says that 1 spray is enough and should last for weeks. How many of it do you guys use? 1 squeeze?

Does it really smell like a new car? I almost bought it and then read some terrible reviews which put me off.
18-06-2012 01:37pm
Kimv

Leather Cleaner

(18-06-2012 01:37pm)WB Wrote:  Does it really smell like a new car? I almost bought it and then read some terrible reviews which put me off.

Well, I sprayed it in but of course the scent is mixed with the real smell of a new car since ... Well... My car is really new...

But as I posted, it comes quite close to the new smell but it's a bit sharper. Smells a bit more like plastic. I'm sure it will depend on how much you spray. Overall I like it and I think it's the closest you can get to the real new car smell. I also read those reviews but I just had to try.. I'll probably order the new leather scent as well and maybe mix them to get a softer smelling result. After all, the real new smell is also mixed with the real new leather smell..

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
18-06-2012 04:52pm
doug

(18-06-2012 01:37pm)WB Wrote:  Does it really smell like a new car? I almost bought it and then read some terrible reviews which put me off.

I would say "NO" i've looked around & this one is ment to be the closest to a new car/leather seats smell. But it's still a great smell, more of a leather smell, so god knows that there leather sent would smell like.

Kimv,
I spray each car mat & once in the boot. the smell lasts a few days. But when you get a extra hot day, the smell comes back again.

I still say, try there "Stripper Spray"

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
18-06-2012 08:39pm